[SPECIAL EDITION] The Quadruple Feature Release
Yammer's iOS team just used its imaginary gift-wrapping skills to give away 4 good reasons to continually check the progress bar while installing this update. Here's what's new:
1. LINK PREVIEWS: No one likes mysterious URLs, so Yammer's added link previews to messages. When you add a link to a new message, you get a sneak peek at the article or site before you actually post it.
2. RESERVED GROUPS: These are dedicated groups for people connected to a certain assignment, location or community. Members of reserved groups must be managed by an Office 365 admin at your org.
3. GIF AUTOPLAY: You can look forward to faster skimming and more quasi smiles from your coworkers because GIFs will automatically play as you scroll conversations.
4. MATCHING TAB BARS ACROSS DEVICES: Now you can access your top four Yammer destinations (groups, feed, inbox and notifications) from your iPad the same way you would from your iPhone.
[BONUS] Hexagon-shaped icons for easily identifying app-generated updates among your group conversations
[FIXES] 80+ Bug Fixes Included
Here are just a few of the issues you can resolve with this update:
- Your profile picture not uploading
- Messages not automatically reloading after being edited
- Polls not reflecting the latest results
- Your inbox not loading more messages
- Youtube videos not playing in the message body
- Being taken to your inbox's "all" tab when you have unread messages
- Not being able to upload a group image when you're an admin of the group
- Not being able to search a group because the search bar shifts when you tap it (on iPad)
- Missing the "loading conversations" icon
- A seemingly empty inbox upon first opening the app
- The app being zoomed in on the message composer after just ending a phone call
- Full-screen file previews not opening
- Not being able to like messages from push notifications