VGBAnext runs games written for GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, and GameBoy Classic handheld consoles. It also emulates GameBoy addons, such as tilt sensors, vibration packs, printers, and cheating devices. It replaces VGBA app removed by Google. VGBAnext is specifically opimized for Android devices and comes with cheats for dozens of popular games. It lets you save game progress at any moment, or even rewind gameplay back in time. You can exchange saved game states with other users, or play together by using the network play. VGBAnext supports AndroidTV, GoogleTV, and a variety of gamepads, including Xperia Play, Moga, iCade, Wiimote, Sixaxis, Nyko PlayPad, and others.
* Supports full screen landscape and portrait modes, with many special effect options and customizable skin.
* Supports Moga and iCade gamepads, Nyko PlayPad, Xperia Play, Wiimote and Sixaxis.
* Supports AndroidTV devices, such as Nexus Player and ADT-1.
* Supports GoogleTV devices running Android 4.x (Jelly Bean), such as LG G2/G3.
* The built-in Cheatopedia offers cheat codes for dozens of popular games.
* Save gameplay at any point and go back to that point once your character gets killed.
* Rewind gameplay 16 seconds back with a single keypress.
* Share your current progress with other users via State Exchange feature.
* Use Network Play to play with other users over WiFi.
* Play with your hardware keyboard, gamepad, touch screen, or accelerometer.
* Record game soundtrack to MIDI files and use them as ringtones.
* On-screen buttons can be freely rearranged.
VGBAnext comes with a single public domain game. You can find more free public domain games at http://pdroms.de/. Please, do not run any software you do not own with VGBAnext.
Please, report any encountered problems here:
* Fixed problems with non-working input devices on AndroidTV.
* Fixed problems with non-working analog joysticks.
* Added "Settings | Input | Select Second Player" option.
* Now able to select input device for the second player.
* Fixed crash when sharing information about the app.
* Added light and dark skins to the Cheat Editor.
* No longer skinning Settings background, since Android does not support it.