With Tasker you can automate your mobile device with contextual profiles and condition-based tasks to get more done with fewer taps. Some of the things you can do with it include switching Wi-Fi on or off during chosen intervals, automatically moving or sharing images as soon as they're taken, toning down brightness and turning off resource-intensive apps once the battery reaches a certain percentage, and automatically calling your spouse during your drive home.
Extremely powerful: Tasker has no rival when it comes to the sheer amount of conditionals it allows, and its compatibility with all the essential apps on your device allows you to get really creative with it. Using variables and conditions, you can create profiles, schedule tasks, and even use it as a platform for building your own basic apps.
Improves the Android experience: With this app you can fine-tune and customize your Android operating system, use your battery more effectively, create links between apps for easier file management or sharing, and optimize system tasks.
Battery enhancer: You can kill useless tasks and tone down the brightness to extend battery life, as well as set voice alerts for when your battery needs recharging.
Possibly confusing: The sheer amount of conditions and options you can choose from can be daunting. If you haven't used a similar app before, it can be discouraging, especially since the text-based tutorial that greets you is rather lousy.
Clumsy interface: Although it doesn't look bad, the UI requires too many taps and isn't self-explanatory, so that you have to learn it by trial and error.
Occasional errors: Sometimes, especially when it comes to more complex tasks, Tasker may fail to trigger an action, or trigger it too soon or too late. This seems to happen especially with time and location-based triggers.
If you're a casual user, Tasker will seem daunting, at least at first. But considering how much automation and customization it offers, it's definitely worth it.
Full changes: http://bit.ly/tasker5_6_changelog
- New Google Drive actions: Download, List, Trash, Sign In
- Google Drive Upload now allows full folder upload
- Beginner Mode is gone.
- Restart Tasker monitor after changing Reliable Alarms preference
- Descriptions export with 4 leading spaces instead of tabs so they can easily be shared in forums like Reddit
- Fixed Operation not permitted bug in App Factory on some devices
Total Automation, From Settings to SMS.
* Triggers: App, Time, Day, Location, Hard/Soft State, Event, Shortcut, Widget, Timer, Plugins
* Actions: 200+ built-in, plugin support
* Tasks: loops, variables, conditions
* Scenes: design your own screen overlays
* App Creation: create your own standalone apps to share or sell! (Android 2.3+)
Starter Guides: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/guides.html
Pre-made projects: http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?resources/
Official Support Forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tasker
Community full of people willing to help: https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/
Queries, Problems: see Menu / Info / Support in-app
It's not possible to fix problems reported via Play Store Comments...
****** Actions By Category ******
[not all actions available on all devices]
* ALERT: Flash, Notify LED/Sound/Vibrate, Cancel Notification, Popup Timed/WithTaskIcons/Names, Torch, Vibrate, Vibrate Pattern
* APP: Calendar Insert, Go Home, Kill App, Load App, Open Map (/StreetView/Nav)
* AUDIO: Alarm/Call/DTMF/Media/Notif./Ringer/System Volume, Haptic Feedback Toggle, Mic Mute, Notification Pulse, Notification(<4.1)/Ringer Vibrate (<4.2 or root), Silent Mode, Speakerphone, Sound Effects toggle
* DIALOG: 28 System Settings dialogs
* DISPLAY: Auto-Brightness, Close System Dialogs, Keyguard, Keyguard Pattern, Display Brightness, Display Off Timeout, Display Rotation, Set Wallpaper, Stay On, Status Bar (expand/collapse), System Lock
* FILE: Browse Files, Directory Create/Delete/Move, File Copy/Delete/Move/Open, Write To File, Read Line, Read Paragraph, Zip/Unzip File
* INPUT: Button, Dpad (root only), Type (root only), Input Method Select, Soft Keyboard (show)
* MEDIA: Media Button Events (grab), Media Player Control, Music File/Dir, Play/Forward/Back/Stop, Photo/Series/TimeSeries, Record Audio, Record Audio Stop, Ringtone, Scan Card
* MISC: (Broadcast) Action Intent, Component Intent, Get Location, GPS Status (<2.3 or Cyanogen/submod), Run (ASE) Script, Say, Say To File, Shut Up, Search For, Set Clipboard, Reboot (root only), Set CPU (root only) Set Timezone
* NETWORK: Airplane Mode (<4.1 or root), Autosync, BT, BT ID, Compose Email, Browse URL, HTTP GET, HTTP POST, Mobile Data (on/off), Mobile Data 2G/3G (Cyanogen only), USB Tether, WiFi Toggle, Wifi Disconnect/Reassociate/Reconnect, Wifi Sleep, Wifi Tether, Wimax Toggle
* PHONE: Call, Call Log, Call Block/Divert/Revert, Compose MMS/SMS, Contacts, End Call, Radio, Send SMS, Send Data SMS, Silence Ringer, Take Call
* TASKER: Change Icon Set, If, End If, Goto Action, Perform Task, Profile Toggle, Query Action, Set Widget Icon, Set Widget Label, Stop, Wait, Wait Until
* VARIABLES: Set, Clear, Inc, Dec, Query, Randomize, Split, Join, List
* 3RD PARTY: Android Notifier, Astrid, BeyondPod, JuiceDefender Data/Toggle, Gentle Alarm, NewsRob, OfficeTalk, SleepBot, SMS Backup+, TeslaLED, WidgetLocker
****** States ******
Airplane Mode, BT Connected, Calendar Entry, Docked, Headset Plugged, Incoming Call, Keyboard Out, Light Level, Media Button, Missed Call, Mobile Network, Device Orientation, Power, Various Sensors, Signal Strength, Unread Text, Variable Value, Wifi Network, Wifi Near
****** Events ******
Alarm Clock/Done, Date Set, Time/Date Set, Timezone Set, Display: Off/On/Unlocked, File Closed/Deleted/Modified/Moved/Opened/Attributes Changed, Camera/Search Button Long-Press, Card Mounted/Removed/Unmounted, Gesture,Missed Call, Phone Changes, Received Text, SMS Send Success/Failure, Battery Changed/Full/Low/Overheating, Device Boot, Device Shutdown, Storage Low, Locale Changed, New/Removed/Updated Package, Wallpaper Changed, Button Gadget Clicked, New Window, Notification, Notification Clicked, Zoom Click, Variable Cleared/Set, K9 Email Received, Gentle Alarm, Kaloer Clock, OpenWatch, Reddit Notify, Screebl, Widget Locker
Note: Tasker uses the BIND_DEVICE_ADMIN permission in order to provide the System Lock functionality.