Hawkins, Indiana Chief of Police Jim Hopper gets a call that four children have gone missing, and he needs to find them. Play as Hopper in this 16-bit SNES-inspired action-adventure game, as he explores familiar locations from the show, including Mirkwood Forest and Hawkins Lab, in order to find them.
Two modes to play in: Before starting the game, you are given the option to play in either Normal mode, suitable for less-experienced pixel adventure game players, or Classic for more experienced players.
Easy to play: No fancy moves required here. Just tap where you want Hopper to go, grab Eggos and Gnomes, which unlock special bonuses, or smash enemies, and he'll follow.
Easy-to-follow storyline: The storyline is simple -- find the missing boys. That means that even if you've never seen the Netflix show, you'll know what to do. That said, you should definitely see the show, because it's awesome.
More characters to come: Keep playing and unlock more characters, such as Lucas Sinclair or Nancy Wheeler, friends of the missing boys, who get in on the hunt to find them.
Plenty of '80s nostalgia: As on the "Stranger Things" TV series, '80s references abound in the game. For example, chapter one is titled "The Lost Boys," a nod to the 1987 cult teenage vampire movie. Or when Hopper picks up a phone that's not ringing, he gets the message, "Who ya gonna call?" a line from Ray Parker Jr.'s 1984 "Ghostbusters" song.
Same as the show, but different: The title, music, locations, characters, and '80s retro feel will be familiar to fans of the show, but the story goes in new directions, both location-wise and story-wise.
Free: Stranger Things: The Game is entirely free. That means no microtransactions, either.
Can only be played in landscape mode: If you prefer to play games in vertical mode, know that that is not an option in this game.
Whether or not you're a "Stranger Things" fan, Stranger Things: The Game is worth exploring.
Stranger Things is back! Prepare for Season 2 of the award winning show by joining Hopper and the kids on a new, action-packed adventure.
* It's 1984 all over again. Experience an action adventure game just like the ones our heroes would have played back in the day.
* Explore Hawkins and its surroundings. See your favorite locations like Mirkwood Forest and Hawkins Lab. Uncover exciting areas you've never seen before!
* Solve puzzles with the unique abilities of each character. Lucas can nail anything with his Wrist Rocket. Nancy has an entire collection of bats to swing this time.
* Collect all the Eggos and Gnomes you can lay your hands on. You never know what they might unlock...
* Compete with your friends' Speed Run times on leaderboards and social media.