Speech and Debate Timekeeper is an open source, multi-platform timer for speech and debate competitions. It has speech order and time limits preset for Policy, Lincoln-Douglas, Parliamentary, Public Forum, World Schools, Karl Popper, and miscellaneous debate formats as well as individual events. This timer gives visual and/or spoken time signals at user defined intervals so that you will never have to give manual time signals or frequently look at the time. At the end of each speech, cross-examination, or preparation, the timer automatically sets itself to time the next thing that needs timing at the push of a button. No stopwatch or general purpose timer comes this close to fulfilling the role of a dedicated timekeeper in a round. Features
- Simple stopwatch style interface simultaneously shows time elapsed and remaining. Buttons are large so that they can be finger pressed on touch screen PDAs.
- Visual time signals on a color coded background indicating minutes or seconds remaining using a traffic light coloring scheme.
- Spoken time signals or tones, including protected minute alerts for points of information in constructive speeches of Parliamentary debates.
- Tracks speech order and prep times. Default time limits are set according to the selected event and are adjustable.
- The name of the speech or task being timed is displayed in the title of the window.
- Navigational buttons set the timer to time the previous or next task.
- High contrast display setting with black text on a white background.
- Context sensitive help screens are available from drop down menus.