SailGrib WR is an easy to use full-fledged marine navigation app with a very sophisticated and unique weather routing module.
It is designed for recreational cruisers or demanding racers.
It can calculate the fastest sailing route to your destination along a route with waypoints.
SailGrib WR is the first app to use the Android Navionics sdk that allows you to display your Navionics Boating charts directly in the app without any additional cost.
The app has earned the following distinctions :
- designed for Iridium GO! and Approved by Iridium - january 2015
- Voiles et Voiliers - use it while cruising or racing - November 2014
- Yachting World - "impressive" - July 2014
- Transatlantic race The Cape - Rio 2014 - The Sun Fast 3200 Yolo winner in class 2
- Fastnet 2015 - The JPK1010 Nautistock.com winner in IRC3
- Tour de Corse 2016 - The Sun Fast 3200 Hokua winner in IRC4 and 3rd in IRC Overall
- Spi Ouest France 2017 - The JPK 1080 LSResa winner in IRC double-handed
It now includes:
- free download of all NOAA marine raster charts
- in app purchase of marine raster charts atlases derived from UKHO, SHOM and NOAA marine charts
- a WiFi NMEA interface
- an AIS module
- a navigation panel
- a instrument panel
- the option to load custom charts
- a full set of atlases of tidal currents for all the European coasts. A SailGrib WR exclusivity
- a tide module which calculates and displays tides level predictions around the world
- the NOAA models:
- GFS 0.25', 0.50' and 1.00'
- NAM and NAM Nest for the continental US
- WW3 global waves
- the Meteo France models:
- Arpege - Global 0.5'
- Arpege - Europe - High Resolution 0.1'
- Arome - France - Ultra High Resolution 0.025'
- the oceanic and coastal current models from Mercator Ocean.
- a virtual regatta option to help you win games.
In SailGrib WR, you can specify for your weather routing amongst other parameters:
- the wind grib file: SailGrib WR includes the regular SailGrib features.
- the start, the destination points and intermediary waypoints
- the departure date and time,
- the speed polar file of your boat. SailGrib WR uses regular Maxsea polar files (.pol extension)
SailGrib WR includes a set of more than 300 polar files for different sailboats.
- wind limits up and downwind
- minimum upwind angle for comfort while cruising
- night efficiency loss for cruising
- mixed routing: use your engine if you are too slow sailing.
- the current
The Free version is limited to:
- 2 days of GFS 0.50' forecast
- 1 day of tidal forecast
- 50 NM routings
- no atlas of tidal currents
- no navigation panel
- no displaying of Navionics charts
You can subscribe to the Premium option for 1 month, 1 year or for life to get all these functionalities.
Grib files are computer-generated forecast files which are sent without review, and are offered on an as-is basis. There is no assurance that the data is accurate or correct. By using such data, you acknowledge and agree to these limitations.
The weather routing module is for planning purpose only.
The maps usedeither in navigation or by the weather routing algorithm might be very coarse and for example might not include all the islands.
The Location used by the navigation module migt be inacurate.
By using these maps, these data and this algorithm you agree to these limitations and assume all the responsibility for their use.
- Complete user interface change
- Premium option with subscriptions
- Navionics charts integration with Premium option
- Multiple other new features
- Bug corrections and performance improvements