Version 1.0 is a major step forward in functionality for SOAP Client. SOAP Client now uses WSDL files you provide to dynamically create a graphical user interface for any given SOAP-based web service. Here's how:
- Find a SOAP-based web service that also has an accompanying WSDL description file.
- Launch SOAP Client 1.0 and paste the URL of a remote WSDL file into the 'WSDL' text field, or download the WSDL file to your local system and find it using the 'Browse' Button.
- Click the 'Parse' button.
- Watch in wonder as SOAP Client dynamically builds a graphical user interface for the SOAP-based web service described by the given WSDL file.
- Use this newly-created UI to select your desired method and input your parameter values. SOAP Client will automatically take care of adding the Endpoint URI, method namespace, and SOAPAction headers.
- Click the 'Execute' button.
- Now view both the SOAP request and response in the tabbed view below.