MocapX unlocks the full potential of iPhone/iPad Pro True Depth camera, bringing the unique experience of facial motion capture seamlessly to Maya. With MocapX, you can easily use iPhone/iPad Pro camera to animate characters in real time directly in Maya. MocapX tools allow you to use any custom or production rig. The app also allows to control any attribute in Maya via keypads and sliders.
Visit our website MocapX.com for Trial data download. With these, anyone can test the output mocap data on their own rigs. Sample data are also packed with video, so you can see the actors performance.
Facial mocap function requires iPhone X or newer/iPad Pro 3rd Gen or newer. Motion control via keypads is available for all devices.
Mac/Windows - Autodesk Maya and USB/Wifi connection
1) Connect the iPhone/iPad over USB to PC or connect to same Wifi as your PC
2) Open iTunes
3) In iTunes click trust the device and click trust the computer in phone/iPad
4) Open Autodesk Maya and MocapX app on iPhone/iPad
5) In Maya create Realtime Device and switch to USB or Wifi (attribute editor)
6) Click Connect in Maya. In MocapX app you should see Connected status - Streaming
7) In Maya MocapX Shelf click on icon of a demo head
8) Open Poselib Editor and click Auto Connect to Preview data on character