If you can't make it to the ballpark, you can still catch a baseball game on your phone with MLB Tap Sports Baseball. Pick an MLB team, get matched up with another player, and then step up to the plate and take your cuts.
Play against live opponents: The game matches you up with other players based on your skill and player level. While most games are played live, so you wait for your opponent to finish their turn, you can use a ticket to play a bonus game with no waiting.
The game is free to play, but to upgrade players or assemble a better team, you will need to use the game's currency, which you can either earn slowly in the game or buy in bulk via in-app purchase.
Fun gameplay: Gameplay is easy enough: Tap the screen to swing at a pitch. Player movements are smooth -- both at the plate and rounding the bases -- and the game's soundtrack recreates a bit of the feel of being at a game.
Create your own team: In addition to playing as one of the 30 MLB teams, you can draft current or legendary players onto your team. You can participate in drafts for free, but to grab the best players you need to pay with in-game currency, which you slowly earn or buy with your own real cash.
MLB-licensed teams and players: MLB Tap Sports Baseball works with Major League Baseball and player associations to include teams, current players, and selected former players in the game.
Awkward app navigation: The app's main screens are an odd mix of empty space and small labels, buttons, and icons. Games in progress appear in an awkward swipeable list that doesn't provide much information about game status.
Dependent on others to play: You play your half of the inning and then wait for the other player to complete their side. But you probably will have a handful of games where you are just waiting for the other player to complete their half of the inning. The game has a Nudge button if your opponent is slow to play, but I've had little success getting opponents to play once they've disappeared.
Waiting for opposing teams to complete their half of an inning can be frustrating, but once you take the field, MLB Tap Sports Baseball is a quick way to get your baseball fix.
- All new WALK-OFF HERO mode and Club Event!
- Earn BONUS CLUB POINTS with Pitchers!
- More ways to earn BONUS CLUB POINTS with Batters!
- Bug fixes and other improvements to game performance
MLB Tap Sports Baseball 2017 now features the official MLB Teams and MLBPA Players
Play Major League Baseball 24/7
- Play with official teams and players from Major League Baseball
- Tap to swing with easy one-touch controls, anytime and anywhere
- Enhanced graphics brings the Major League Baseball experience to life
Manage Your Team, Compete to Win
- Build and level up your MLB roster to climb up the leaderboards
- Compete for the greatest baseball legends in daily events and challenges
- Swing for the fences in Home Run Battles mode
Play with Friends, Join Clubs and Tournaments
- Compete against multiple friends in action-packed gameplay sessions
- Play in weekly events and prove who possesses the ultimate team in head-to-head competitions
- Join a Club or create your own to compete in exclusive events for top prizes
Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
OFFICIALLY LICENSED PRODUCT OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION
MLBPA trademarks, copyrighted works, including the MLBPA logo, and other intellectual property rights are owned and/or held by MLBPA and may not be used without MLBPA's written consent. Visit www.MLBPLAYERS.com, the Players Choice on the web.
Major League Baseball is a registered trademark owned by Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., used under license
MLB Tap Sports Baseball 2017 is free to play, but you can choose to pay real money for some extra items.
FOLLOW US at