The Hanuman Chalisa literally is a Hindu devotional hymn/stotra addressed to Lord Hanuman. It is traditionally believed to have been authored by 16th-century poet Tulsidas in the Awadhi language, and is his best known text apart from the Ramcharitmanas. The word "Chalisa" is derived from "Chalis", which means the number forty in Hindi, as the Hanuman Chalisa has 40 verses. Forty chaupais on Hanuman is included in Hanuman Chalisa.
Hanuman is a vanara a devotee of Rama, and one of the central characters in the Sanskrit epic Ramayana. Folk tales increasingly eulogise the powers of Hanuman, and he is considered by many to be an avatar of the god Shiva. The qualities of Hanuman - his strength, courage, wisdom, celibacy, devotion to Rama and the many names by which he was known - are detailed in the Hanuman Chalisa. There are more temples devoted to Hanuman than any other deity in India, and recitation or chanting of the Hanuman Chalisa is a common religious practice.
Hanuman Chalisa Features:
- Completely offline app. No internet connection required once downloaded.
- Use Bell, conch (Shankh) and Garlend (Flower maala) with only single tap.
- Hindi and English lyrics.
- Text in synchronized with audio. So you can read while listen The Hanuman Chalisa.
- Set Hanuman Chalisa as Ringtone.
- Set Hanuman current picture as Wallpaper
- Lord Hanuman pictures Changing meanwhile playing.
- Run application in background also. You can have notifications of playing chalisa.
- Realistic environment like temple inside app gives you peace of mind.
Shop your favorite products and we’ll find the best deal with a single click. Designed to make shopping easier.