Are you in need, and dont know where to turn? Or perhaps, you want to help families in need, but dont know where to begin? The Good Deeds App quickly and easily connects neighbors in need with neighbors who are eager to give.
Even as a child, Michael Oher, former NFL Offensive Tackle and subject of The Blind Side, was determined to beat the odds and make it out of poverty. Today, he works to help other kids beat the odds too. That is why he created the Good Deeds app, to connect families in need with other families who are able to meet those needs.
How it Works:
- First, create a profile.
- Click either I Need Help or I Want to Help
- Create your first post by using up to 30 single word Tag categories for the item you either need, or have to give, such as BabyFormula or Shoes.
- Write a lengthier description of the item, such as, I need a pair of childrens shoes, size 3
- You may also upload up to three photos of items you have to give to accompany the post.
- Hit submit, and the app will connect the givers with those in need within a 100 mile radius to discuss next steps such as whether or not you will ship the item, or if you are local, meet somewhere for the exchange.
Some Examples of Items to Share:
- Baby and childrens clothes
- Baby formula and diapers
- School supplies
- Clothing for teens and adults
- Whatever you have to share. The possibilities are endless!
- Easy navigation
- Secure profile and sign-in process
- Easily connects those in need with their neighbors who want to help
- Notifications when a match is made
- Compatible with iPhone.
It is all about connecting people who have needs with those who want to give, said Oher. Download the app and help a child in need beat the odds like I did. Be an answer to someones prayers.