The G-Sight Laser Training Pro is the world's only automatic setup mobile device based laser training system. (Winner of "The 18 Best Pieces of New Gear at SHOT Show 2017" by 'Combat Handguns', May/June 2017 Issue.) Our cutting-edge technology (patent-pending) delivers instrument-level performance without user adjusting any parameters. The App works with any third-party targets without specialized hardware. (*A full-feature Android 6.0 or above smart phone is required - this means that the Cricket Network phones are not supported.) Simply, set up virtually any target, press the Train button in the App and begin training. Additional to real-time hit marker visual feedback and steel plate auditory feedback for each shot, when a session has been completed trainers can review each shot right away in the App and then continue training. Combined with the G-Sight Laser Training Cartridge Gen2, the Laser Training Pro App allows anyone to safely train while perfecting the fundamentals of firearm training, shooting, drawing, and marksmanship.
1. Laser Training 10 Shots
Place your Android phone around 1 yard (~3 feet) distance with camera facing the target and and press Start. Return to your shooting position while App automatically and instantly setting up the camera and begin training when you hear the beep. When your session is complete you can review all your shots by swiping right or left. Press the "Train Again" button to restart your training.
2. Laser Training Unlimited Mode
This in-app purchase allows you to surpass the 10-shot maximum. Place your Android phone around 1 yard distance with camera facing the target and press start. Return to your shooting position and begin training when you hear the beep. When your session is complete you can review all your shots one-by-one or in a group by swiping right or left. Fast-forward and fast-backward can be done by swiping up or down. Press the "Train Again" button to restart your training.
3. Shot Timer Mode
This in-app purchase gives accurate timing information of each shot for up to 10 shots of 5 consecutive sessions. It offers 5 user-adjustable parameters to customize your practice and even simulate a competition. When your activity is complete you can review all your shots one-by-one (by swiping right or left,) in session groups (by swiping up or down,) or in one big group. Press the "Train Again" button to restart your training.
The app is designed for a wide variety of conditions and targets. For best results:
- Phone should be placed within a yard of the target and aligned as straightly as possible without obstructing the laser beam.
- If you are practicing with a setup the first time, we suggest you run a "Test Setup" before starting. It will let you know if there's any potential issues with your setup.
- Avoid bright light, especially sunlight on or near the target. If you see large patches of light reflecting off the target in the camera view, they may impact the detection performance.
- Avoid back-lighting area.
- Avoid using damaged targets, sharp creases on the target, or on the edges of the target may impact the detection performance as well.
- Avoid using targets with a glossy surface or placing any shiny/highly reflective objects, such as tape in the camera's view.
- Avoid areas where obvious lighting changes or shadows may exist.
- Avoid shaking the phone/target while in a session.
- Under bright light conditions, some deep dark targets with sharp white lines may interfere with detection. If the App misses detecting shots, try to decrease the lighting or move the phone back about a foot. Detection will not be affected negatively even when the target may look smaller in the camera view.
- If the app does not respond for more than 30 seconds, there may be a lighting problem. Close the App from the Android menu and run the "Test Setup" after restarting the App.
Target SDK upgrade, Bug fix
Speed, Stability & UI improvements.
Rel 2.2.4, 2.2.5
Added Volume Control & Zoom Control
1. Samsung Edge factory update
2. Extended Camera Control Check
Added In-App Help
Android 6.0 compatibility check
1. Added in-App instructions & Shot Timer feature
2. Hit Detect & timing report accuracy enhancement
3. Min. Android support 6.0
4. Added vertical swipe in Shot & Timer reviews