Evernote for Android enables you to add all your notes, to-do lists, and Web clippings and sync them across devices. A recent update improves the note-taking process, navigation, and style options.
Capture notes in many formats: Evernote enables you to pull in not just text notes but also sketches, photos, recordings, video, PDFs, and Web clippings. You can also use your phone's camera to capture paper documents and whiteboards.
Great on the go: You can start capturing ideas -- notes, audio, photo, or reminders-- by tapping the multifunction + button.
Image search: If you take a photo through one of Evernote's photo options, you'll be able to search the contents of that photo later, just like a text document.
Device sync: When you take notes in Evernote from one device, you'll be able to open them later on other devices.
Real-time collaboration: Evernote lets you share your notes with others for quick feedback.
Enhanced style options: Change text size to small, medium, or large. Swipe sideways to change color; swipe down to save.
Easy to navigate: The main sections -- Notes, Search, Note Creation (+), Shortcuts, and Account -- now rest on the bottom rail, making them easier to access and switch between. Find notebooks faster in the note list or your desired content with note previews. Search a notebook using the search field above the note list. Explore your entire account from the search tab.
Privacy: The Passcode lock keeps your notes secure.
SEE: Best to-do list apps of 2018 for managing tasks on any platform
Push to pay more: Those on the free Basic plan can only sync notes to two devices. Paying customers have seen substantial price hikes for Plus and Premium plans.
Evernote is an invaluable addition to your productivity portfolio, but the limit on device syncing for the Basic plan and the rising costs of premium plans may force you to look elsewhere.
Evernote helps you focus on what matters most and have access to your information when you need it. Input typed notes or scan handwritten notes. Add to-do's, photos, images, web pages, or audio ... and it's all instantly searchable. Create notebooks, organizers, planners. Organize notes any way you want and share with anyone. And Evernote syncs your notes and notebooks across your devices so your information is always with you, everywhere you go.
"Use Evernote as the place you put everything ... Don't ask yourself which device it's on--it's in Evernote" - The New York Times
"When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool." - PC Mag
- Write, collect and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, memos, checklists and to-do lists. It's the only planner and organizer you need
- Keep journals, documenting the news, events and milestones of your daily life
- Take notes and create notebooks in a variety of formats, including: text, sketches, photos, audio, video, PDFs, web clippings and more
- Use camera capture to easily scan and comment on pieces of paper, including printed documents, business cards, handwriting and sketches
- Attach Microsoft Office docs, PDFs and photos
- Create separate notebooks to organize your memos, receipts, bills and invoices
- Use Evernote as a digital notepad, planner and easy-to-format word processor for all your thoughts and memos as they come
- Sync all your notes and notebooks automatically across any computer, phone or tablet
- Start your task working on one device and continue on another without ever missing a beat
*SHARE YOUR IDEAS*
- Create, share and discuss your notes and memos with the people who help get your work done, all in one app
- Get inspired and brainstorm creative ideas by working collaboratively
- Share your notes, notebooks, memos, journals, planner, organizer with your friends, colleagues or family
*EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE*
- Make personal to do lists to keep your thoughts organized
- Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists
- Gather, capture and store every thought you need to stay productive
- Plan events such as holidays, weddings or parties
- Use it as a planner to organize your life
- Create notebooks, write notes, memos and journals on the go with the easy-to-use notepad
*EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS*
- Create agendas and planners, write notes, memos, journals and craft presentations. Use it as your ultimate planner and organizer at work
- Annotate documents with comments and notes during team meetings, then share with colleagues
*EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION*
- Keep up with lecture notes so you don't miss a vital thought
- Use it as a planner and organizer to keep track of lecture notes, exams and assignments
- Create different notebooks and planners for each class and keep everything organized
- Keep track of your upcoming exams, assignments and deadlines in your planner.
- Clip and highlight articles from the web for academic research
- Discuss and annotate notes, memos and drafts
*HOME SCREEN WIDGET*
Access Evernote easier and faster using the Home screen widget
Also available from Evernote:
EVERNOTE PREMIUM - The ultimate workspace.
- 10 GB of new uploads each month
- Unlimited number of devices
- Access your notes and notebooks offline
- Save emails to Evernote
- Search inside Office docs and attachments
- Annotate PDFs
- Scan and digitize business cards
- Show notes as presentations, instantly
$7.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your Google account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings.
Shop your favorite products and we’ll find the best deal with a single click. Designed to make shopping easier.