The Android Beta Program offers you a simple way to try pre-release versions of Android and/or Wear OS by Google, and test drive our new features. The feedback you provide will help us identify and fix issues, and make the platform even better. Registered devices will automatically receive updates for the latest beta version of Android or Wear OS by Google.
Android P new features [full list]
- New user interface for the quick settings menu
- The clock has moved to the left of the notification bar.
- The "dock" now has a semi-transparent background.
- Battery saver no longer shows an orange overlay on the notification and status bars.
- A "screenshot" button has been added to the power options.
- A new "Lockdown" mode which disables biometric authentication once activated
- Rounded corners across the UI
- New transitions for switching between apps, or activities within apps
- Richer messaging notifications, where a full conversation can be had within a notification.
- Support for display cutouts
- Redesigned volume slider
- Battery percentage now shown in Always-On Display
- Lock screen security changes include the possible return of an improved NFC Unlock.
- Experimental features (which are currently hidden within a menu called Feature Flags) such as a redesigned About Phone page in settings, and automatic Bluetooth enabling while driving
- DNS over TLS
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel XL
- Google Pixel 2
- Google Pixel 2 XL
- Sony Xperia XZ2
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Nokia 7 Plus
- Oppo R15 Pro
- Vivo X21
- OnePlus 6
- Essential Phone
Android P Beta is an OTA (Over the air) update please sign up for the Android Beta program to get your build.