Amsler Grid - Eye Test is an application to check for signs of AMD from anywhere with ease using the Amsler Grid test, with the help of the front camera of your phone. Even though the application is supposed be accurate, it does not actually replace your actual eye test with your optometrist.
AMD is a leading cause of vision loss. It destroys the macula, the part of the eye that provides sharp, central vision needed for seeing objects clearly. Prevalence estimates are on late AMD, involving neovascular AMD and geographic atrophy.
The Amsler Grid is a powerful method to diagnose AMD. It is an easy and convenient eye test that can be carried on at any place to monitor changes in your vision. It helps to detect many problems early, while they may still be treatable, such as retinal detachments and central serous choroidopathy.
It is recommended that individuals with macular degeneration test their eyes with the Amsler Grid daily. If any changes are noted, you should contact your optometrist immediately.
* Interactive: Allows you to interactively draw distorted areas of the grid.
* Store: Stores the results on the device and keeps record of them.
* Size: A lightweight app that will not create or leave files on your device.
* Completely Free and No Advertisements!
*Auto Detection : The application automatically detects if it's the left or right eye.
NOTE: PLEASE READ BEFORE TAKING THE TEST
1. Make sure your vision supplements are worn and are comfortable.
2. Maintain normal distance with the grid.
3. Take the test one eye at a time by closing the other eye.
4. Focus on the dot for few seconds.
5. Go through the instructions and mark the appropriate lines,edges and blurred areas.
6. Save the results and repeat the test with your other eye.
7. Inform your doctor if abnormalities are detected.
8. Take the test regularly.