CNET Editors' review
Wunderlist for Mac, signed by 6Wunderkinder, has all the best features of a great to-do-list app, all packed into a very well-designed, uncluttered, intuitive interface boosted with continuous on-screen help. In other words, despite a couple of limitations, Wunderlist helps users keep themselves organized while having fun playing around with the app.
Wunderlist is as easy to set up as it is to use: after users create an account in one easy step, the superbly designed to-do list app opens the default list -- the Inbox. This is where users can start adding their tasks by simply following the on-screen Help, which makes creating tasks a no-brainer. We were able to set up tasks for a couple of days in just minutes, which makes the app very handy. When creating a task, users can use the built-in calendar to choose a date, yet an hourly deadline isn't available, and neither are repeat tasks. These are the only two features we missed while using Wunderlist. We loved how intuitive and easy-to-use the app was; users can prioritize tasks simply by clicking on the star and clear the task by clicking on the checkbox. All the great features of Wunderlist come to the surface if the user has an Android or iOS mobile device, so the tasks can follow them all day long. Wunderlist automatically syncs the devices, so users can browse and edit all their to-dos while on the go, and the update will appear in their Wunderlist inbox on every device.
We loved using Wunderlist, as its polished and intuitive interface made our to-do list management easier than other similar apps on the market. It's a must-have app, although it is not yet perfect.
From 6 Wunderkinder:
Register for free and be always up to date. No matter where you are, your todos will follow you. You can even work offline, wunderlist will sync your data, when you're back online. You can use wunderlist as one of our desktop apps, or download it for your smartphone. Get the better experience with native applications for every platform. No matter what you have to do, just add a new list and start filling it with your tasks. Keep track of all your things by adding a due date. We have a heart for every ambitious shortcut king. You want the fast lane? Just press Ctrl + N to create a new task, or Ctrl + F to search, or Ctr + L for a new list, or... find the full list here. Organize your items by dropping them to a new position, or list. Don't want to overlook an important task anymore? Simply use the star function to mark the things that really matter. You have your own style? No problem. That's why wunderlist comes with a couple of background themes you can choose from. Don't like our wooden style? Just change it.
What's new in this version:
- We optimized the overall performance of Wunderlist, it's now much faster and a whole lot smoother!
- Our designers never sleep, so we did a lot of UI polishing. If you look closely you will see the beauty in the details.
- General bugfixes and stability improvements.
More Products to Consider
- Personal finance and money management for individuals and small...
- Edit mind maps, XML/HTML documents, and directory trees.
- Personal task management.
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Save & organize any text you may want handy.
- Countup/countdown chronometer.
- Track and monitor all your income and expenses quickly and easi...
- Spoken-word transcription software.
- Video SIP softphone application.
- Quickly create visually appealing mind maps.
- Enhanced calendar app with iCal and Google Calendar sync/sharin...
- Personal journal with blogging and video support.
- Quickly create visually appealing mind maps.
- Sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose.
- Set audio files, movies, CD tracks, and Internet radio stations...
- Simple, fast productivity app.
- Organize your day to day activities and sync the information wi...
- Menu bar calendar that integrates with iCal.
- Gives a graphical view of who is connected to your system.
- Comprehensive GTD app.
- Phonebook, SMS, gallery, calendar, themes for Nokia phones.
- Tool for writing UBB code.
- Runs startup items only the first time you boot each day.
- Transfer web apps to the OS X desktop.
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Meh. Marginally useful."
Version: wunderlist 2.0.1
Syncs across platforms (desktop and iPhone)
Only one priority option.
Does not order task list by due date.
Lumps overdue tasks into Today (new version).
Needs 2x-click to bring up due date calendar (new version).
No reschedule shortcuts (Today, Tomorrow, 2 Days, One Week, etc) on desktop or iPhone.
Uses Apple's cumbersome scrolling calendar for due date/time selection on iPhone.
No repeating task option.
I guess I'm spolied by Palm's ToDo function, which had a lot of options. I'm also quite disappointed in the iPhone's lack of a native task manager (and a primitive appointment calendar). I tried using the first version of Wnderlist and was hoping for enhancements in the new version, but it actually took away some of the functionality of the first one and did not add the features I like.
Since Palm does not sync with my Win 7, 64-bit PC, I have to waste time investigating the plethora of mostly incomplete GTD apps for iPhone that have a PC desktop counterpart to find a decent replacement. Wunderlist is not it. :-(
"The best to-do list"
Version: wunderlist 1.2.3
Wunderlist is compatible with every major operating system, including Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone. And it gives you the ability to manage your to-do list from anywhere, thanks to the online sync. It even has a web app.
While I can only speak for the Mac and Android versions, the app is a treat to use. Tasks can be dragged and dropped with ease. The interface is positively uncluttered. Ticking off those tasks feels so satisfying.
Online syncing is the best feature. It works painlessly in the background, and unlike some applications (I'm looking at you, Evernote) it doesn't put up a fuss if your internet is temporarily down.
There are a few more features it needs, like the ability to sub-divide tasks, or add recurring events. I hope they implement these soon.
I tried many others, including Producteev, SimpleTask and iProcrastinate. But Wunderlist is the one for me. And it's free! I recommend it to my friends, and I recommend it to you too.
"A great application for Getting Things Done"
Version: wunderlist 1.0.0
It is extremely easy to use, it looks beautiful and you can sync your tasks with a free wunderlist account.
I cannot find any negative thing about wunderlist. I like it from head to toe.
I like wunderlist a lot and especially the team that stands behind this product. I cannot wait to the see the upcoming iPhone app.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content