CNET Editors' reviewFrom college radio stations to small-town educational programs, iWire Broadcast gathers streaming media from more than 10,000 live Internet radio stations for users to browse and listen to. After installation, iWire Broadcast scans the Internet and brings up a list of all the available radio streams subcategorized by genre. The interface consists of a convenient window that lists stations and transparently uses QuickTime, RealPlayer, and Windows Media Player to play the station you select. The streams we selected played almost instantaneously with little to no interruptions. iWire has a few tricks up its sleeves with built-in preferences that let you scan stations, the same way you would with the radio in your car, and define the number of seconds between station changes. Although the trial version is limited to 15 listings per search, we were able to explore different programming options. Overall, iWire Broadcast has plenty of options to appease all sorts of musical and programming tastes.
From East Bay Technologies:
iWire Broadcast is the ultimate Internet audio browser, far exceeding what other media players bring to the table. Browse over 10.000 live radio stations from all cultures and musical genres. Find radio shows, educational broadcasts, and enough tunes to make your AM/FM tuner feel sorry. iWire Broadcast uses streaming media, so it plays almost instantly and doesn't take up any hard disk space so you won't run out of room.
More Products to Consider
- Find, listen to and record internet radio.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Listen to free Internet radio.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Edit music, voice, and other audio recordings.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Listen to and record web radio.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Create multilayer audio loops with adjustments and effects.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Versatile DJ music mixer.
- Record any sound playing through sound card, microphone, or bot...
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Cocoa wrapper for the Pandora music project.