CNET Editors' review
Freeware iTunes plug-in iTunesControl gives us all a chance to improve iTunes' features by adding long-missing features.
The On-Screen Display pop-up can be customized to an amazing extent. Users can choose to have album art displayed, and can choose precisely which information about the currently playing track gets shown. But you can also choose the screen position, the size of the album art, the background color, the font, the font color, the border thickness and color, and more about the aesthetics of the OSD box. Under the Layout tab, you can cut and paste tags to change the display. Note that opting for the Outline mode will override any background color or border you've previously chosen.
You can set up to 30 different hot keys, from the basics to advanced features like track ratings, repeat mode, hide and show iTunes, and more. Users can also set the title information displayed for iTunes itself and startup and shutdown behavior for iTunes and the plug-in. Two useful options tie the plug-ins behavior to iTunes, so that when you start and close the plug-in, iTunes will also open and shut down.
The program is still in beta, but it's compatible with versions of iTunes as old as 4.6. This is a pretty neat plug-in for those of you who find yourselves addicted to iTunes.
From Carson Morrow:
iTunesControl is a light-weight program designed to add useful features to iTunes. It adds customizable visual feedback, a sleep timer, and over 40 customizable global hot keys. iTunesControl can show many different types of information about the current track, including album, artist, track name, track rating, and bit rate. iTunesControl allows you to tag your music to easily create smart playlists of related music. A Song Search feature allows you to quickly find the music you want.
What's new in this version: Version 0.60 has added option to mirror display on all monitors, only toggle "repeat one" with "Repeat Mode" hotkey, static album art, and fixed iTunes always gets WM_APPCOMMAND messages.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Validate your iTunes store files.
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Do more with iTunes - schedule your music, generate playlists a...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Change bitrate of MP3 files in one click.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Get quick access to your iTunes' podcasts and play them instant...
- Tag, view, and edit tags of your MP3s.
- Tag and rename your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Index your media files in a database.
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Manage your iTunes remotely.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- View, play, and share your Musicmobs playlists.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 18 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1