From OpenLink Software:
iODBC stands for Independent Open Database Connectivity. Commonly considered to be specific to Linux or UNIX platforms, iODBC is a truly platform-independent Open Source implementation of ODBC.
The iODBC effort is managed via the iODBC project, http://www.iodbc.org, which is maintained and supported by Openlink Software.
iODBC and ODBC are 100% compatible. Thus, migration of ODBC-compliant applications and drivers across platforms does not require wholesale rewrites.
The iODBC SDKs for the Mac provide support for Cocoa, Carbon, Darwin, and Classic development. Like ODBC on the Windows platform, iODBC comprises the following:
- ODBC Drivers -- Simply, Drivers that implement the ODBC API.
- iODBC Driver Manager -- The Driver Manager is implemented as a Framework under Mac OS X; a Shared Library under Darwin, Linux, UNIX and OpenVMS; and a Code Fragment under Mac OS 9.
- iODBC Administrator -- iODBC provides the native GUI-based OpenLink ODBC Administrator for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. The HTTP-based OpenLink ODBC Administrator is also available for all iODBC-supported client platforms except the Classic Mac OS.
- iODBC SDK -- Used by developers for the development of ODBC-compliant database applications and drivers, the iODBC SDK includes all necessary Header Files and Shared and Static Link Libraries, as well as the library sources.
What's new in this version:
- The iODBC graphical Administrator component for Mac OS X (Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard) is now released as open-source.
- The iODBC CFM Bridge for Mac OS X is also released as open-source, facilitating connections from Microsoft Office (Excel/Query).
- Additionally, windows in the GTK-based administrator are now resizeable alongside other minor bug-fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Create, edit, and backup databases on remote hosts.
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Manage business database applications.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Generate web pages from your Access, FileMaker, Excel, or other...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Keep detailed information about your pet's health.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Organize and share the information you find on the Web.
- Find database tables not used or used in your scripts.
- Better manage the workflow of your DVD library.
- Intelligent import utility for PostgreSQL 8.3.x.
- Allows you to edit plain text files with many options.
- Personal database manager, a natural and easy way to organize d...
- View and store your JPEG pictures using this image database vie...
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Film & TV scoring database.
- Manage research notes, quotes, contacts, published and archival...
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.