From OpenLink Software:
iODBC stands for Independent Open Database Connectivity. Commonly considered to be specific to Linux or UNIX platforms, iODBC is a truly platform-independent Open Source implementation of ODBC.
The iODBC effort is managed via the iODBC project, http://www.iodbc.org, which is maintained and supported by Openlink Software.
iODBC and ODBC are 100% compatible. Thus, migration of ODBC-compliant applications and drivers across platforms does not require wholesale rewrites.
The iODBC SDKs for the Mac provide support for Cocoa, Carbon, Darwin, and Classic development. Like ODBC on the Windows platform, iODBC comprises the following:
- ODBC Drivers -- Simply, Drivers that implement the ODBC API.
- iODBC Driver Manager -- The Driver Manager is implemented as a Framework under Mac OS X; a Shared Library under Darwin, Linux, UNIX and OpenVMS; and a Code Fragment under Mac OS 9.
- iODBC Administrator -- iODBC provides the native GUI-based OpenLink ODBC Administrator for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. The HTTP-based OpenLink ODBC Administrator is also available for all iODBC-supported client platforms except the Classic Mac OS.
- iODBC SDK -- Used by developers for the development of ODBC-compliant database applications and drivers, the iODBC SDK includes all necessary Header Files and Shared and Static Link Libraries, as well as the library sources.
What's new in this version:
- The iODBC graphical Administrator component for Mac OS X (Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard) is now released as open-source.
- The iODBC CFM Bridge for Mac OS X is also released as open-source, facilitating connections from Microsoft Office (Excel/Query).
- Additionally, windows in the GTK-based administrator are now resizeable alongside other minor bug-fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Manage business database applications.
- Create, edit, and backup databases on remote hosts.
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Container controls for Xojo that can be embedded in a window.
- Use undo feature at your daily Xojo tasks.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Host multiple web sites through easy-to-use virtual hosting.
- Date control plugin for Real Studio and Xojo.
- Xojo and REAL Studio plugin that adds error alerts to required ...
- Manage and develop your database in MySQL, SQL Server, SQLite, ...
- Independent ODBC SDK for client drivers and apps.
- Xojo and Real Studio calendar control plugin.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Find ASCII codes for characters.
- Adds TreeView plug-in control for Xojo and Real Studio.
- Noise and speed reduction for Mac disc drives.
- Add six multi-precision data types to Xojo.