CNET Editors' review
Flipps (formerly iMediaShare) can send online shows, videos, news, and other content right to your smart TV with no delays. If you'd like an all-in-one app that operates smoothly, and don't mind an ad here and there, then you'll love this application.
Flipps downloads and installs within a minute. You can sign in with your Facebook account or just skip the log-in completely. The app organizes available content well and presents it in an attractive layout within well-labeled categories, making browsing quite easy, as well as enjoyable. It lets you choose from a selection of music videos, movies, Web TV shows, channels, and video sites such as YouTube and Vimeo. The app only supports streaming video, so you can't access any of your downloaded videos or music. Since the free version of Flipps gives you mostly standard definition videos, it won't utilize the full quality of your HDTV. We tested this app with a Samsung Smart TV with AllShare and a tablet running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, both connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Once up and running, the app connected to our Smart TV within seconds. We were also able to play a music video within seconds and encountered no delays.
If you own a Wi-Fi-enabled TV that doesn't come with its own apps or a browser, then you'll definitely like Flipps. Even if you have all that on your TV, this app still offers an all-inclusive solution with spot-on performance.
iMediaShare Lite allows you to discover and enjoy personal and online media directly on your TV screen. No additional hardware, no cables and no TV apps required. All you need is an internet-enabled TV and a WiFi network. iMediaShare seamlessly transforms your device into a remote control. Take your favorite content everywhere with you and share it with friends any time on any connected screen. Online channels this edition includes: Animal Planet, Bild, Beet TV, Break.com, CBS News, CNBC, CNET (SD only), CNN, COIN-OP TV, College Humor, Dailymotion, Deutsche Welle, Driving Sports, Earth Touch, Engadget, Euronews, Facebook, France 24, Funny or Die, G4, Harvard Business Review, HDNet, Les Debiles, MaYoMo, Motorz (SD only), NASA TV, NY Times, Picasa, PortalZINE (SD only), PR Newswire, PSN, Revision3 (SD only), Showtime, Spiegel Online, TED Talks (SD only), The Onion, TWiT TV, VideoBASH, White House, YDN Design, YouTube (SD only). NOTE (1): For best playback performance on PS3, please, ensure that your PS3 is WIRED and not WIRELESS. NOTE (2): Videos recorded with the phone's camera are not supported by some TVs and game consoles. NOTE (3): For Toshiba TVs, please, enable Media Renderer mode from TV Preferences -> Network Device Setup.
More Products to Consider
- Capture and create amazing videos to share across all of your f...
- Play audio and video files with this cross-platform player.
- Manage and play your media on the Android device.
- Play multiple video formats on your smartphone.
- Turn your Android device into the second monitor for your PC or...
- Capture unforgettable moments and share them with your friends ...
- Play popular file formats on your Android, including AVI, FLV, ...
- Get an Android application to allow you to trim lengthy videos.
- Browse and playback content stored on your Windows PC's PowerDV...
- Access the mobile video search site on your Android device.
- Download and share videos across Android, PC, and Web.
- Watch internet videos on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Shoot your own time lapse videos on your Android device.
- Capture time-lapse and slow motion videos automatically.
- TV.com delivers the best of TV right to your phone all for free...
- Record streaming TV and movies for playback on your PC, iPhone ...
- Play PowerPoint, Flash, digital video, and HTML files and devel...
- View pictures from over 3,000 cameras around the world on your ...
- Watch more than 1300 TV channels on your PC.
- Watch amazing bike stunts with different-different types of mov...
- Watch over 2,500 free online channels of daily and live broadca...
- Convert video into various other format.
- Watch a collection of funny videos on your smartphone.