CNET Editors' review
Whether you want to increase your screen space, enable a secondary display, or just mirror your desktop to other mobile devices, this app can help you out. With the ability to support up to 36 devices connected to your computer, the iDisplay Desktop for Mac promises and delivers an extremely powerful desktop enhancement. However, the app is quite difficult to set up and requires a high level of computer literacy.
The installation of this application appeared to be easy. The app even comes with its own uninstaller so you can remove it effortlessly if you no longer need it. During our testing, iDisplay Desktop for Mac required a reboot and it reset our display settings, which was very annoying. Unless everything is set up beforehand, some settings may also require resets to properly complete the configuration, which makes using this app less enjoyable. Significant time was spent configuring the settings and making sure the connections were right. However, once everything has been set up correctly, iDisplay Desktop performed well and delivered exactly what it claimed.
The high entry to begin using this app may frustrate and deter some users. Once you get it working, however, iDisplay Desktop for Mac offers a useful and interesting display feature for your computer and iOS devices.
Use iDisplay as touch-enabled secondary display: it gives you more screen space for everything you have to keep your eye on. Mirror image from main display on your iPad / iPad mini / iPhone / iPod touch: it comes in handy when you need to share your desktop with your audience. Keep in mind that iDisplay allows to connect up to 36 iOS devices to one Mac. Single-window mode: use iDisplay for one application of your choice. Quickly move selected apps from list of your favorite apps to iDisplay with one click. Zoom and Pan your desktop right on secondary display. Easily switch between portrait and landscape screen orientations: simply rotate your device and it will adjust automatically. Connect up to 36 devices to one computer, select their layout once and use it anytime later. Customize display settings for each device you use as your secondary display, iDisplay will remember your preferences.
What's new in this version:
- Sound transferring support;
- Correct displaying of the main screen proportions.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Make the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of ...
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Icon and Dock cataloging and customization.
- Share your screen display to other PCs.
- Display and hide hidden files.
- Cultivate & further advance artistic endeavors of creative mind...
- IP monitoring utility.
- AirPlay mirror your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to any Mac.
- Blood dripping screensaver.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) for Mac business.
- Replaces the application's name with its icon in the system men...
- Sort, pile, and play music tracks as a usual jukebox.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content