CNET Editors' review
gPhotoShow Pro allows users to create multimedia screensavers and slideshows. The program works well, although it doesn't have any particular features that make it stand out among similar programs.
The interface is fairly straightforward, and although it is not immediately obvious how to get started, it's not hard to figure it out with a bit of exploration. Users select photos, video, music, or other media from their computer to be included in the slideshow or screensaver. From there, it's easy to set the screensaver as the default for the user's computer, or save it for distribution elsewhere. Slideshows can also be used elsewhere, even on computers that don't have gPhotoShow installed. Overall we found the interface quite easy to navigate, and we created screensavers and slideshows with ease. The built-in Help file contains detailed directions and screenshots for users who need assistance. gPhotoShow does not have any features that really wowed us, but it is easy to use and does what one would expect of such a program. It does include a wide array of transitions and display options, and it offers multimonitor support. Users should have no trouble customizing their screensavers and slideshows to get them exactly how they want them.
gPhotoShow Pro has a 30-day trial and it displays text to that effect on the screensavers and slideshows. The program installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users who are looking for an easy way to make good-looking screensavers and slideshows.
PhotoShow Pro is a slide show maker and screen saver complete with transition effects and Pan and Zoom animations. It can display an unlimited number of jpeg, png, tiff, avi, mov, mpg, panorama, flash animations (swf files), and Web pages. gPhotoShow can also create professional looking standalone slideshows or screen savers that can be sent by email or CD and run on any windows based computer. Build-In functions can be expanded with plugins, for example ImgFilters is useful to enhance images, MonitorOnOff can aautomatically switch-off monitor or the computer.
What's new in this version: Version 6.5 has added comparison operators to the rating based filters
More Products to Consider
- Make a screensaver using your own photos and images.
- Enjoy flight over ocean in cinematic 3D environment.
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Change the desktop wallpaper automatically, position pictures t...
- Customize your bootup screen with your own images.
- Animate your desktop with the beautiful 3d space scenes.
- See a glowing digital clock that appears when your computer is ...
- Display Hannah Montana images on your desktop.
- Cut your digital photos.
- Grab desktop wallpaper off the Internet and set up a wallpaper ...
- View the flaming sunset sky with soothing music on your desktop...
- View celebratory dance 3D snowflakes on your desktop.
- Display your own digital pictures in a slideshow screensaver.
- Record what has visually occurred on your computer.
- Let amazing colorful soap bubbles slide on your desktop.
- Save your screen with 20 images from Hawaii.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"What multi screen apps could not do!"
Version: gPhotoShow Pro 6.5
Landscape and Portrait orientation respectively for each of my monitors. detects and operates on more than 2 if required.
I have any photo / pics I want able to be used as screen savers.
Superb range of options - including sound, panorama's, sizing, pan and zoom, data headings if wanted. Literally everything you need.
Fair price for an excellent app.
Once a year reinstall. No problem really.
An excellent app that puts screen savers on my monitors in the orientation I require, with the options to configure how I want them. Indeed, the range of options are that well thought out that I wasn't left wanting. Impressed.