CNET Editors' review
gPhotoShow Pro allows users to create multimedia screensavers and slideshows. The program works well, although it doesn't have any particular features that make it stand out among similar programs.
The interface is fairly straightforward, and although it is not immediately obvious how to get started, it's not hard to figure it out with a bit of exploration. Users select photos, video, music, or other media from their computer to be included in the slideshow or screensaver. From there, it's easy to set the screensaver as the default for the user's computer, or save it for distribution elsewhere. Slideshows can also be used elsewhere, even on computers that don't have gPhotoShow installed. Overall we found the interface quite easy to navigate, and we created screensavers and slideshows with ease. The built-in Help file contains detailed directions and screenshots for users who need assistance. gPhotoShow does not have any features that really wowed us, but it is easy to use and does what one would expect of such a program. It does include a wide array of transitions and display options, and it offers multimonitor support. Users should have no trouble customizing their screensavers and slideshows to get them exactly how they want them.
gPhotoShow Pro has a 30-day trial and it displays text to that effect on the screensavers and slideshows. The program installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users who are looking for an easy way to make good-looking screensavers and slideshows.
PhotoShow Pro is a slide show maker and screen saver complete with transition effects and Pan and Zoom animations. It can display an unlimited number of jpeg, png, tiff, avi, mov, mpg, panorama, flash animations (swf files), and Web pages. gPhotoShow can also create professional looking standalone slideshows or screen savers that can be sent by email or CD and run on any windows based computer. Build-In functions can be expanded with plugins, for example ImgFilters is useful to enhance images, MonitorOnOff can aautomatically switch-off monitor or the computer.
What's new in this version: Version 6.4 has added Blur effect on scrapbook background and fixed an issue where playing audio files when a specific image is displayed doesn't work when the audio files list is empty.
More Products to Consider
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Make a screensaver using your own photos and images.
- Display the view of our planet as seen from space.
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Decorate your desktop with a Man of Steel movie screensaver.
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Let amazing colorful soap bubbles slide on your desktop.
- Put a realistic flame effect on your desktop.
- Manage and edit your digital photo collection.
- Feel romantic with silky smooth burning heart on your desktop.
- Create amazing wedding photo album DVD playable on TV with musi...
- Display Hannah Montana images on your desktop.
- Get a Big Ben screensaver for your PC.
- Change the desktop wallpaper automatically, position pictures t...
- Bring still landscape pictures into life by adding water, weath...
- View the flaming sunset sky with soothing music on your desktop...
- Decorate your desktop with a Father's Day screensaver.
- Record your own voice, music or any other internal & external s...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Easy to use and lots of fun."
Version: gPhotoShow Pro 3.3.6
I love being able to make my own stand-alone screensavers with MY chosen effects, frames, photos and music etc. Everything customised (easily) from simple folders of images etc. And the "Control Screensaver" that comes with it is great for on-the-fly disabling or changing of the SSaver, music, or wallpaper etc. The .gss files make it easy to change the config of the gphotoshow SSaver quickly. And I can make my own MS "themes" more easily now.
Takes some playing around to realize that the actual gphotoshow screensaver can be configured a million ways. And that it's totally separate from all the other screensavers you use, which are also easily available and configured through the program. It's like ... you control all the myriad SS options you have, but one of those options has a myriad options in itself.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content