CNET Editors' review
The aptly named copyrightInserter for Mac adds a copyright watermark to your online images with a minimum of fuss.
This freeware program lacks an installer, which requires the user to click and drag the file to the Applications folder. The folder containing the program also held readme, licensing agreement, and tutorial files. The tutorial file helped, even though the application had an easy-to-use menu. copyrightInserter for Mac has clearly labeled areas where the user can drag folders containing image files. A second box shows where the watermark image may be dragged. The user can also select the general location of the watermark, although being able to pinpoint the precise location where the image sits would have been a welcome feature. The image transparency is also customizable. The freeware program advertises for donations and the menu, as well as the readme file, contains some informal writing. Overall, this is not much of a distraction since the program works well and places the watermark as advertised.
copyrightInserter for Mac would be a welcome addition for users who want the ability to quickly place a watermark on an image or a group of images. The program is easy to use and performs its functions well.
From Silverstreak Software:
This program takes one image and composites it over a folder full of images, with user selectable position and transparency.
Supports Mac OS X image formats, drag-n-drop, Quartz Compositing, all kinds of juicy goodies!
Source is available.
What's new in this version: Five years later, had yet another request for dragging images in directly, and finally decided to make it happen. It does now. Added Sparkle for further updates. Also renames the pictures you are working in, rather then overwriting them, in case such overwriting is accidental. Easier to erase the originals then try and get them back, right?
More Products to Consider
- Create, alter, and manipulate photos.
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows.
- Create flyers, newsletters, brochures.
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Make your images look beautiful and realistic.
- Convert your images to various formats.
- Browse, view, tag and share images and galleries.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Batch extract frames from movies & save to disk.
- Display Mac's IP address in menu bar, copy to clipboard, and em...
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- Screenshot utility that works while watching DVDs.
- View comic and manga images.
- Sync iPhoto libraries across computers (was iPhotoSync).
- Convert multiple images' size and format.
- Spotlight search for the web.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Sketchpad for sharing visual ideas.
- Generate various images.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content