Just like ZippyRippy brings easy DVD ripping to the Mac, ZippyConverter brings no-nonsense video and audio conversion to the masses. No need to figure out how to use Handbrake with it's endless settings.
ZippyConverter has as simple interface where you can drag and drop files to the window for simple and easy organization of files.
- Convert most common video and audio formats for use on iPod, iPhone, AppeTV, Xbox 360, PSP, DV,MP4, MP3, AAC, AIFF, WAV.
- H.264 and 2 Pass encoding available.
- Download direct URL's from the web or download YouTube Video's and convert them as desired.
- Want more flexibility, clicking the Advanced toolbar item will allow you to change frame rate, frame size, bitrate, output file size, audio bitrate, stereo or mono track, aspect ratio, NTSC or PAL for DV and DVD and so on.
- Build and burn your own DVD's using files from your drive or let ZippyConverter download web content directly within the app for easy DVD building from YouTube clips.
- Rip audio from Video files, just put a video file in the main window, select one of the audio presets and BAM, you've got yourself an audio file of your favorite videos. ZippyConverter can also combine files together. Combine a bunch of MP3 files together for AudioBooks. You can even take different tracks or chapters from your favorite DVD's and combine them into one file or even another DVD all with a few clicks or combine YouTube or clips from the web together into one file.
ZippyConverter uses the ffmpeg, mencoder and QuickTime engines to ensure maximum compatibility. For instance, ffmpeg has a ton of codecs built in but often there are files that may have a little trouble depending on how they were encoded in the first place. Installing the Perian plug-in for QuickTime ensures that any video that QuickTime can play, ZippyConverter will convert. ZippyConverter uses auto detection methods to determine which files may have trouble.
The most exciting thing about ZippyConverter is that you can mix and match DVD's from VIDEO_TS folders, mix and match and combine YouTube files, download direct from the web and manipulate the video the way you want without all the complication of intimidating controls.
What's new in this version:
Fixes some bugs with DVD ripping and general conversion processes Fixes an issue with creating DVD's.