From Zippy Software:
Just like ZippyRippy brings easy DVD ripping to the Mac, ZippyConverter brings no-nonsense video and audio conversion to the masses. No need to figure out how to use Handbrake with it's endless settings.
ZippyConverter has as simple interface where you can drag and drop files to the window for simple and easy organization of files.
- Convert most common video and audio formats for use on iPod, iPhone, AppeTV, Xbox 360, PSP, DV,MP4, MP3, AAC, AIFF, WAV.
- H.264 and 2 Pass encoding available.
- Download direct URL's from the web or download YouTube Video's and convert them as desired.
- Want more flexibility, clicking the Advanced toolbar item will allow you to change frame rate, frame size, bitrate, output file size, audio bitrate, stereo or mono track, aspect ratio, NTSC or PAL for DV and DVD and so on.
- Build and burn your own DVD's using files from your drive or let ZippyConverter download web content directly within the app for easy DVD building from YouTube clips.
- Rip audio from Video files, just put a video file in the main window, select one of the audio presets and BAM, you've got yourself an audio file of your favorite videos. ZippyConverter can also combine files together. Combine a bunch of MP3 files together for AudioBooks. You can even take different tracks or chapters from your favorite DVD's and combine them into one file or even another DVD all with a few clicks or combine YouTube or clips from the web together into one file.
ZippyConverter uses the ffmpeg, mencoder and QuickTime engines to ensure maximum compatibility. For instance, ffmpeg has a ton of codecs built in but often there are files that may have a little trouble depending on how they were encoded in the first place. Installing the Perian plug-in for QuickTime ensures that any video that QuickTime can play, ZippyConverter will convert. ZippyConverter uses auto detection methods to determine which files may have trouble.
The most exciting thing about ZippyConverter is that you can mix and match DVD's from VIDEO_TS folders, mix and match and combine YouTube files, download direct from the web and manipulate the video the way you want without all the complication of intimidating controls.
What's new in this version: Fixes some bugs with DVD ripping and general conversion processes Fixes an issue with creating DVD's.
More Products to Consider
- Play Blu-ray disc/movies and watch 1080p HD video on Mac.
- Play, import, convert and export Windows Media video and audio ...
- Convert files between flv, mpeg 1/2/4, 3gp, mp3, m4a, wmv, wma,...
- Broadcast and access videos and radio on the Internet.
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Play FLV videos, including screen video, sorenson H.263, H.264.
- Motion graphics & visual effects for film, video, multimedia, w...
- Rip and convert DVDs automatically.
- DVD authoring tool.
- Convert .fla and .swf files to video movie.
- Convert mov files to JPG images.
- Encode video for iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, iPad, and PlayStation ...
- Advanced screen recording application.
- Play Blu-ray movies, 1080p HD video and any other media with a ...
- Multi-camera video surveillance app.
- Mac video file format converter. Convert avi, mov, wmv, 3gp and...
- Dot to dot activities.
- Free Mac video editor software. Easily edit movies and video cl...
- Seamlessly connects your Plex clients with all of your local an...
- Convert MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, MKV, AVCHD MTS/M2TS, MXF, FLV, MP3,...
- Download and convert videos from various websites.
- Convert camcorder AVCHD(.mts,.m2ts) videos.
- Convert between video and audio formats.
- Create, edit and convert to MP4 video format.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Not compatible with Lion? Generates AppleScript errors."
Version: ZippyConverter 1.1
None that I can appreciate.
At launch I get the following AppleScript error:
cat: /Library/Preferences/.shabadu: No such file or directory (1)
When I drag and drop an mpg movie file to the application, I get the following AppleScript error, and the file does not show up in the app's window:
Can't get <<class defE>> "atomic" of <<class useD>>. (-1728)
Doesn't work for me, generates AppleScript errors. Appears to be missing a component, or has an error in the pointer to its AppleScript library. Perhaps it is a Lion compatibility problem.
System: new iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, OS 10.7.2, all system software up to date.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content