CNET Editors' note: The Download Now link will prompt a local download of the Firefox extension. To install the extension directly, open the file using your Firefox browser.
CNET Editors' review
Whether you need a dose of funny baby videos or want to check out that depressing cell phone commercial, YouTube usually has it all. This includes thousands of songs. YouTube Music Player, a Mozilla Firefox add-on, allows you to search the YouTube music video database and create playlists using them. This add-on is great for listening to a YouTube playlist while you are away from your computer. However, don't expect smooth sailing when you are surfing the Web or doing any other computer work.
After restarting Firefox, a red play button will appear in the right-hand corner of your Web browser's status bar. To create a playlist, go to the new "YouTube Player" tab in the browser menu and select "search." A selection of songs will appear at the left-hand side of your browser. Panning over a song will allow you to preview the video before you select it for your playlist. When you have selected your songs, click the red play button and the song's respective music video will pop up. You have the option of watching it in full-screen, small-screen, or hiding it in your tool bar. The pop-up video will include forward and back buttons, as well as repeat and shuffle buttons to navigate through your playlist. Forward and back buttons will also appear in your status bar while the playlist is streaming.
YouTube Music Player is a great idea; creating a song/video playlist is much more useful than having to constantly click through YouTube archives. Unfortunately, that is all this add-on is, an idea. Though the songs play perfectly, the video playback is slow and frustrating to watch. Not only is the video slow, Firefox itself becomes substantially slower than when the playlist is paused.
Enjoy listening to YouTube-based music video playlists, just don't try watching them.
Youtube Music Player manages your most liked youtube movies and songs. It creates an easy and constant music taste. Features includes movies are preloaded in the background, Random mode, Repeat current song over and over, manage different playlists, drag and drop any Youtube Link into your playlist and add a youtube link with right click.
More Products to Consider
- Explore the Web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Surf the Web comfortably, relying on speed, safety, and power o...
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Try the faster browser that lets you get the most from today's ...
- View Flash multimedia content through your browser.
- Take Google's Chrome browser with you on a USB stick.
- Take your bookmarks, surf internet, and experience the private ...
- Navigate the Web with HTTPS browser that encrypts browsing sess...
- Surf the Web with browser with automatic form filler, popup blo...
- Download video from Metacafe, Vimeo, Facebok, and other sites v...
- Flash Player preview version with new video hardware accelerati...
- Browse the Web with speed and an elegant interface.
- Navigate the Internet using browser with powerful search, shari...
- Surf the Web with an immersive browser for Windows 7 and Vista.
- Play your music files in the advanced music media player.
- Enable running YouTube video or playlist in loops.
- Add lyrics, translation, and music videos to your Windows Media...
- Download YouTube video from your browser with one-click.
- Play YouTube videos in cinema style.
- Record iTunes previews to MP3 files easily.
- Listen and rate your songs.
- Download video from YouTube with ease.
- Manage and access your whole library of music and videos.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"What a pain in the A$$!"
Version: Youtube Music Player 220.127.116.11
It's nice - when you are finally able to create a playlist - to be able to listen to a string of music off of youtube.
To search for music and create a playlist is waaay too time consuming.
This program is clumsily made, without much thought to the user. Each song has to be searched individually, then you have to start over losing all the ground work you made on your first search. They need to make the search window stay open until you are finished creating a playlist. If that isn't frustrating enough, MOST of the time a song is selected, it gives you the WRONG SONG! Then you START OVER - FROM THE BEGINNING. That's about as far as I could go with it before uninstalling. I'll stick with paying for Itunes for now. I guess I just don't have the patience for this ridiculous program.Well, I was going to update my review with a positive spin by saying that it may be worth the trouble to create a playlist for the ability to play consecutive songs, but since they deleted the program from my computer (which is disconcerting in itself) because of my review I will stick to my original review and say it is DEFINITELY not worth the trouble, and now additionally concerning is the privacy aspect of the program.
Updated on Jul 12, 2010
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content