CNET Editors' reviewGamers, put on your math caps. There's a good chance you'll get addicted to this small puzzle game, but the simple graphics and old-school interface won't immediately win you over (or convince you of the program's $17.95 price tag.) A detailed help file gives you a quick clue into the secrets of the game. The goal is to guess which tiles will fill which spaces following the numerical clues to the side of the puzzle grid. Guess correctly, and you'll discover the image on the grid. Difficulty levels can be increased by adjusting the field size and number of squares therein. If you get stuck, you can easily bail out and get the solution. We like the addition of a puzzle editor that can handle image files and convert them into custom puzzles. The drawback is the graphics are incredibly simple, and images are bitmap, but the challenge is there all the same. While the trial version limits some features, it doesn't prevent you from getting the most out of this brain twister.
From Simplism Games:
CryptoPics (also known as Nonograms or Griddlers) are logic puzzles originating in Japan, in which the aim is to reveal a hidden picture by looking at the number clues. With this fully-featured software you can play pre-made picture puzzles, randomly generated puzzles and puzzles created from image files. It includes a built-in Puzzle Editor, allowing you to draw your own CryptoPics, a unique Challenge Mode, where you can play puzzles of increasing difficulty against the clock, and a Nonosweeper feature based on Minesweeper. Additional puzzles to play with this software are available on-line.
What's new in this version: Rewritten in .NET Added themes New extra puzzles
More Products to Consider
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Guide jumping plumber past obstacles to save Mario's true love.
- Play Minesweeper in a completely new way using Nonograms.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Play a logic puzzle game based on the nonogram puzzle.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Create, print, and test your own Japanese puzzles.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Play Battleship-style game by yourself.
- Solve encrypted picture by number clues.
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Assist yourself while solving Sudoku puzzles.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Solve Japanese crossword puzzles in picross/nonogram game.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Enjoy different types of classic Minesweeper.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play a puzzle game.
- Select coins to make a sum divisible by 10.
- Take a spin around three tracks with three car modes.
- Solve the famous Sudoku puzzles using Flash.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content