CNET Editors' review
Keeping careful track of your time is critical if you're paid by the hour -- even more so if you're both the boss and the workforce. WorkTime 5 is a robust time-tracking tool that's easy to use, especially when it's time to create reports for billing clients. It monitors and reports your time and activities while you're at your computer, so anyone who needs to keep track of time spent on the computer can use it. WorkTime is shareware that's free to try for 30 days.
When WorkTime's installer finished, a pop-up nag appeared with information about our trial, including a notice that registration removes the nag. We continued our trial and turned to WorkTime's compact user interface, a small square in the lower right corner of our screen. It's a simple tool: just Start and Stop buttons and three editable, browse-able drop-down lists labeled User, Client, and Project. Using WorkTime basically entails three steps: Configuring your User, Client, and Project data; tracking time spent working; and creating a detailed report, including graphs, that you can email or print and send to clients and project managers. WorkTime imported our Windows User name into the User field and displayed Client 1 and Project 1 in the other fields. It started tracking our time as soon as we opened it, displaying counters for each category we were following. Clicking Stop froze the count; clicking Start set the timer running again. The Quick Task option produces tiny widget-like versions of the interface that we could park anywhere. WorkTime has a good Help file, too.
WorkTime's everyday controls are as simple and compact as they can be, which we appreciate, but it's not lacking in features and options. For example, clicking Reports on the View menu produced a sophisticated, customizable tool for creating reports. The Tools menu let us add Notes (only while tracking time, though) and add times manually. Options include client-server and offline modes. Registration comes with free technical support for one year. Contractors, consultants, and professionals who bill by the hour (or minute) will appreciate WorkTime's simple everyday operation and clear, easy-to-generate reports.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of WorkTime 5.21.WorkTime - Keep track of your PC usage - Download Video Previews:
Fully automated PC usage or Project tracking software that surveys the time spent on the PC. WorkTime gathers statistics about projects you work on, applications you run, documents you open, web-sites you visit and time spent for every of these activities. WorkTime tracking is very precise and flexible: it can pause for the keyboard/mouse or screensaver inactivity, automatically change projects depending on the active application/document, track certain applications only and more. WorkTime offers informative reports that are perfect to analyze or bill your time: tables and graphical charts can be printed or exported to various formats. Reports are highly customizable: projects, users, workstations can be grouped, filtered, compared. WorkTime is a unique combination of simplicity and usefulness it suits from a home user to a large company.
What's new in this version: Version 5.22: Multiselect filters in reports, minor fixes and improvements.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Allow you to track computer usage in your office.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Record your kids' or employees' PC activity and receive reports...
- Improve employee performance by monitoring their activities.
- Monitor employees to prevent them from wasting working hours or...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Monitor Web sites, apps usage, and lets control whether your ch...
- Record and manage the computer and Internet activities of your ...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Monitor and log all keystrokes typed.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Monitor and record PC activities in stealth mode passwords, ema...
- Monitor all activities on company computers and prevent the dis...
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
- Record and view any computer or Internet activity.
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 14 votes
Current version:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Good, but has complicated obsolete view"
Version: WorkTime 5.22
Works well on 32-bit systems
Does not support last Chrome versions...
Has complicated obsolete view.
May be to use more easy program
e.g. Paymo, NkTimeTracker ...
"Good Time Manager"
Version: WorkTime 5.22
Tracks the time accurately, as it starts. You can edit or select the User, Client and Project as per the needs.
It is costly as per the usage because it only tracks the time.
"Work Management Software"
Version: WorkTime 5.22
Zen Office Stem Software is a revolutionary Office Management & Work Management Software for chartered accountants (CA) and lawyers. It allows Project Management, Time,Task Management, Staff Management, Client Management, Billing Software and File Management Software for effective supervision. For more information: http://www.officestem.com/
I find enough feature for my work.