CNET Editors' review
Words With Friends is essentially an Android and iPhone alternative to the classic board game Scrabble. You can choose to play against a friend from your contact list, find a friend by username, play a random opponent, or pass-and-play with a friend on a single device.
Just as in the classic board game, you are given seven lettered tiles with which you must create words--vertically or horizontally--on the board. Your goal, with the help of scattered bonus squares, is to score more points than your opponent before the tiles run out. The great thing is that you can play at your own pace, and you can play several games simultaneously, either with friends or with random opponents from around the world. And there's a built-in chat function no matter whom you are playing with. The app will even notify you when it's your turn, unless, of course, you disable the option.
If you're a fan of classic Scrabble or word games in general, we highly recommend trying Words With Friends. While there are other, similar games available (Wordfeud, Scrabble for iPhone), Words With Friends is one of the most popular, meaning it has more users with whom you can play. On the other hand, we do think Words With Friends could use a built-in dictionary and perhaps a two-letter word list. While some Scrabble purists might scoff at the use of such tools, we happen to like them. Whatever your view on the matter, Words With Friends is still a worthwhile download. And because it features a different board layout from its competitors, you might just want to download all of them.
The #1 mobile word game Words With Friends Free is now available on Android. Play Words With Friends Free, the #1 mobile word game, with both your Android and iPhone/iPad-toting friends. Experience for yourself why millions of players are addicted to the word building, triple score seeking, chat bubble sending goodness of Words With Friends.
More Products to Consider
- A delicious and addictive puzzle adventure with hundreds of lev...
- View IPL 6 live score and schedule.
- The sequel to the smash hit phenomenon that took the world by s...
- 4 Pics 1 Word - What's the word in common for 4 pictures?.
- 4 Pictures 1 Word. Can you guess whats the word ?.
- Play a word-finding puzzle game on your Android device.
- Play Free Racing Android Game "Need For Speed". Free DEMO Need ...
- Cut and Slice!.
- One of the most addictive and entertaining physics based drivin...
- Guide the ChuChu's to their rocket ship in over 500 puzzling le...
- A race with your furry friends!.
- Drag finger and release to shoot the ball and strike down all b...
- Tired of typing logos name? Try this Logo Quiz Plus and select ...
- Get the yellow car out of the traffic jam.
- Experience the drama, intensity and excitement of World Cup Cri...
- Original and addictive puzzle game for T-Mobile G1.
- Fun and addictive Match-3 game!Another classic Match-3 game lau...
- Think you have what it takes to adopt a POU? How will YOU custo...
- Save the bugs from the Greedy Spiders!.
- Fight back zombies trying to invade Zombie Lane.
- Fingerprint Lock Screen is a free Customizable Fingerprint Scan...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1