Editors' Note: Clicking on the Download Now (Visit Site) button above will open a connection to a third-party site. Download.com cannot completely ensure the security of the software hosted on third-party sites.
- It extends the battery life for mobile devices.
- It improves the stability of portable computers and of desktop computers that use an uninterruptable power supply (UPS).
- It improves the reliability of Windows Vista when you open the menu of a startup application.
- It improves the stability of wireless network services.
- It shortens the startup time of Windows Vista by using a better timing structure.
- It shortens the recovery time after Windows Vista experiences a period of inactivity.
- It shortens the recovery time when you try to exit the Photos screen saver.
- It improves the stability of Windows PowerShell. This update also resolves the following issues in Windows Vista:
- A compatibility issue that affects some third-party antivirus software applications.
- A reliability issue that occurs when a Windows Vista-based computer uses certain network driver configurations.