From Huw Millington:
Windows Grep is a tool for searching files for text strings that you specify. Although Windows and many other programs have file searching capabilities built-in, none can match the power and versatility of Windows Grep.
The program combines the power and flexibility of traditional command line grep utilities available on DOS, UNIX and other platforms with the ease of use of Microsoft Windows. In addition to searching, Windows Grep also performs global replacing in your files, with complete safety.
Windows Grep is designed for searching plain-ASCII text files, such as program source, HTML, RTF and batch files, but it can also search binary files such as word processor documents, databases, spreadsheets and executables.
Once you've found what you're looking for, you can open the files found for viewing or editing, or you can replace the text found with something else.
To install, simply download the file and run. By default it will install into your Program Files directory (usually c:\program files\windows grep) but you can install it anywhere. It doesn't copy any files into your Windows folder, but does use the registry to save settings.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Access recently modified files in any directory.
- Get a file management utility that can Copy and move your files...
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Recover lost files/folders.
- Search, manage, and access your files and folders.
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Copy and delete files with long paths and filenames that Window...
- Extracts the files from a RAR type.
- Manage and find database on your Windows or LAN resources.