Windows Audio Recorder Professional is a sound-recording program with built-in sound editor, you can use to capture sound played back or requested by any other computer program, such as Flash, RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, QuickTime, and Winamp. Recorded sound is saved as a MP3/WAV file directly. For example, you can use Windows Audio Recorder to record: audio from the Internet, either audio files or live streams; a conversation, if you use an Internet telephony program; music from a game program.
What's new in this version: Version 5.00 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Record sound from microphone in MP3 and WAV formats.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Record any sound that your sound card plays without losing qual...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Record sounds from any sound source and convert written texts i...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Record any sound on your computer in WAV, MP3, and WMA formats.
- Record all audio source of your PC to MP3.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Record audio and sound to MP3, WAV, and OGG.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record audio and convert text to speech.
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Record, convert, share sound in High Definition quality.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Record your voice, music, or other sound by working directly wi...
- Convert MP3 to WAV, MP2, WMA, OGG, VOX, and G723.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 9 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-7 of 7
"Purchased version does not launch"
Version: Windows Audio Recorder Professional 4.51
Demo looks and works great, does everything I wanted in an mp3 recorder. I planned to record streaming internet radio and rip my collection of LP's to mp3.
Purchased version does not launch.It went through an installation, and something goes on when I click the icon, but it won't open. I have attempted to contact the vendor for either a fix (preferred0 or a refund, haven't heard back.
Avoid this product, unless you have $30 to waste
Version: Windows Audio Recorder Professional 4.12
It seems like it would be good software.
Was unable to use. It would get stuck on trying to recognize my sound card.
"Works great! Loads perfectly. Easy to use."
Version: Windows Audio Recorder Professional 4.11
Easy to use on my computer that is running XP Pro SP2. No hassles loading or using. Sound quality very good. Great editing tools. Records anything that is playing over your speaker system which makes it easy to edit sounds from your camera video clips. Haven't found anything I don't like about it so far. I purchased the full version with no regrets.
"It is the best sound record I'v ever seen before."
Version: Windows Audio Recorder Professional 4.10
"Almost does it."
Version: Windows Audio Recorder Professional 4.07
It's the best compared to several others I looked at. Easy to use.
The max/minimize Windows buttons don't function like they should, e.g. it won't fit the screen, regardless of your resolution, and you have to move the interface around to see everything.
Also, the trial version is a little too limited. I can understand limiting recordings to 60 seconds, but everything else was non-functioning also, such as the edit and save and play back.
"Nice GUI, Powerful core function."
Version: Windows Audio Recorder Professional 3.45
"Good if Works, Watch out for Config!"
Version: Windows Audio Recorder Professional 1.75
I was looking for an app like this for a while, finally found it and it worked great on my laptop--on my desktop no.
The configuration steps are generally easy, and soon I was able to record directly from my sound card--no out-in connection needed, just pure direct sound card recording.
On my desktop machine, for one reason or another (I'm gonna check to see if one of those extra audio cables is connected inside) but even though I have 9 audio sources (!), I can't record!
Anyway-- the only bad news I can report is that when the config utility finished and said my desktop sc didn't support recording, suddenly my netradio stopped, no sound whatsoever--
After hours of diliberating over this, how it fried my sound card, I realized later, that it had shut the WAV volume to zero--
Good thing I didn't decide to rollback my driver!
Still wondering why this doesn't work---
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: