CNET Editors' reviewThis unintuitive program claims to automatically display the album cover for music played with Winamp, but it isn't flexible and not all of its feature work. Winamp Wallpaper's commonplace interface provides options for specifying image file location, size, and screen position. However, it can only work with JPEG images, greatly diminishing its usability. Options for using album cover images from Amazon.com or ID3 tag didn't work in testing, so you'll have to manually retrieve and save the graphics. The negatives outweigh the positives in this unfriendly little utility and it's easily outclassed by similar apps within the category. Especially confusing for the novice, there's little reason for any user to download.
From White Bolt Software:
Winamp Wallpaper will figure out the location of the song your listening to in Winamp, search for an image of the album cover art in the folder associated with that song, and display it as your desktop wallpaper. Features include: Use your current desktop background; Choose your own background; Choose to have the album cover be your background; Border color and size selection; Album cover location selection; Album cover and wallpaper size selection; Supports all image formats; Uses a small System Tray icon and right-click menu; Supports dual monitors. Also features like better album location preferences, enhanced color picker, and support for XP Themes.
Version 2.0 includes the option to pull the album cover from Amazon.com, from the folder image, or from within the ID3 tag. It also hooks directly in to Winamp to see when it's not playing a song. Also, many bugs were fixed.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Change your desktop wallpaper automatically with images located...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Change your background images on every start-up, once a day or ...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Change image of your desktop background periodically with many ...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Update your desktop background automatically daily.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Choose these backgrounds and create your own collection.
- Show pictures transparently like a flowing stained glass window...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Change desktop wallpapers automatically.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Display Valentine's Day images accompanied by romantic poems an...
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Enjoy the stunning images of deep space at your screensaver.
- Change desktop wallpapers automatically, make the desktop icons...
- Scroll a background image.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Modify your desktop wallpaper for multi-monitor systems.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1