WiFi Explorer is a tool to scan, find, and troubleshoot wireless networks. It can be used to quickly identify channel conflicts, overlapping and other factors (e.g. configuration issues) that may be affecting the connectivity and/or performance of your wireless network in homes, offices and other sites. It can also be used to find open, ad-hoc and even rogue access points. WiFi Explorer detects 802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks and supports 2.4 and 5 GHz channel bands, as well as 20 and 40 MHz channels. It can also monitor signal strength of each network over time and export metrics (average, maximum signal strength, etc.) and network details to CSV file format.
What's new in this version:
- Fixes channel graph shapes to represent more accurately the spectral signature of the wireless network modulation type (see FAQ section in Help for more information)
- Resolves an issue that could cause 100% CPU usage when clicking "Stop"
- Selectable columns (see Advanced tab in Preferences)
- Editable column for annotations, comments (see Advanced tab in Preferences)
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Other minor fixes and UI tweaks