A windows-based Internet Search Engine ideally suited for cost-conscious organizations who have private-network content that they want to be searchable by local users. (For example, this could be used by employees of a company to search corporate Web servers.) The application is built on industry standard components (Apache Nutch and Apache Tomcat), has a simple installation process, is fully integrated into Windows (start menu access, uninstaller), has decent on-line documentation (along with references to additional component documentation), and an on-line forum for users. This is a good alternative to a Google server for a cost-conscious organization.
What's new in this version:
- Added support for HTTP proxies.
- Added support for stopping (aborting) crawls.
- Added support for crawling sites which require login.
- Added support for Advanced Filter Criteria.
- Added support for Crawler Monitoring and Reporting.
- Rebased to Apache Nutch 1.4.