Share your iPhoto Libraries over the internet. As soon as you have uploaded pictures or movies from your camera to your library, you want these pictures to be available to your friends, family or whoever. WiPhA provides a powerful, beautiful and easy to use web interface to your libraries as well as automatic photocast of all your albums. Moreover, people can easily download a bunch of pictures and import them in their own iPhoto library with your captions and comments.
WiPhA provides extensive search capabilities to easily browse your pictures, even in a big library.
Full featured yet easy web access to your iPhoto Libraries:
- Extensive search capabilities (albums, captions, comments, dates, keywords)
- Unique "date map" feature to get a quick overview of the entire library and select the period to browse
- Manual or automatic slideshow mode
- Share multiple iPhoto libraries
- Button to e-mail links to the photos you have displayed and to the associated photocast album
- Display the full size pictures and EXIF data
- Automatic update notification
- Every Album is automatically photocast (rss feed) without requiring a .mac account!
- Photocast may be used with iPhoto 6 or any RSS reader on any OS
- Users can select multiple pictures and download them as a single zip
- User can then import these pictures in an other iPhoto library and keep their captions and comments with the provided AppleScript
- WiPhA support user logins and password that you set
- You determine which albums each user sees
- Web access and photocast albums are both protected (with the same logins)
- No direct access to files (all data are filtered before being delivered)
- XHTML 1.0
- RSS 2.0
- Web 2.0 - Ajax
- Ajax technology used to limit bandwidth usage and get faster responses
- No need to have iPhoto running, or even to be logged in
- No background process will be installed in your account
- WiPhA relies on the iPhoto data (but doesn't modify it) as much as possible to avoid generating new thumb images
- Generated data are cached and reused.
What's new in this version:
- [new] Snow Leopard compatible (PHP 5.3.0)
- [new] Videos can now be viewed on iPhones and iPod Touch (thanks Damien)
- [new] Replaced the IE warning by a IE6 no more warning only showing with IE6
- [fix] With iPhoto 8 libraries, some pictures were skipped when face detection had been used
More Products to Consider
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Web-based RFID access control management system.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Update image EXIF, IPTC and XMP metadata with location-specific...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Generate web pages from your Access, FileMaker, Excel, or other...
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Get the most out of social networking and the Web in this brows...
- Organize and share the information you find on the Web.
- Create digital photo albums and share them on CDs.
- IPhoto plug-in burns images to multiple DVDs or CDs.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Apply a multitude of filters on your pictures, make your own fi...
- Manage business database applications.
- FTP/SFTP client.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Share your clipboard contents and files with other computers.
- Manage regular URL bookmarks and links to files and folders in ...
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Does not work with OS 10.6"
Version: Web iPhoto Access 2.5
None - Couldn't install it.
Don't get it until it's updated.
"WiPHA v2.5 works on Snow Leopard (10.6)"
Version: Web iPhoto Access 2.5
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
Installed WiPHA v2.5 works with iPhoto 8.1 (latest update to the iPhoto that comes with iLife '09) and Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
We've tested many different solutions for photo management over the past few years and iPhoto + WiPHA fits our need with the best balance of speed (as fast as you can use iPhoto to edit the collection) and shared access (the searchable web access is great).
We added a cron job using Cronnix http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/9478 to push iPhoto updates/changes at a regular interval, rather than waiting for a web visitor to trigger the cached image update in WiPHA.
Merci, M. Feblot! Vous rock!