WaterRoof is a firewall management frontend with bandwidth tuning, NAT setup, port redirection, dynamic rules tracking, predefined rule sets, wizard, logs, statistics and other features. With WaterRoof you can set up the IPFW built-in firewall easily and quickly. With the NAT Setup feature you can fine-tune your internet sharing for the home LAN, or you can also set up a full-featured dual-homed firewall for your network. Rules and network option can be stored and loaded at boot time. WaterRoof is only a frontend so it makes use of system tools: this means that when you have finished configuring/testing your firewall, you can safely delete WaterRoof from your system, without loosing your rules. Bandwidth settings, firewall rules, NAT rules, forwarding, logging and other options will be preserved and activated at boot using launchd, following Apple guidelines. This means that WaterRoof is quite safe because it does not install any strange kernel extension or background daemon. You can also download and check WaterRoof source code, it's open. WaterRoof can be used to learn how ipfw works: you can use predefined rule sets to test firewall behaviour, or you can use the wizard to start from scratch with a step-by-step configuration. But WaterRoof can also be used to deeply configure a ipfw firewall/router, using every ipfw option including qos (dummynet queues). English documentation included. Source code available at my web site. WaterRoof is freeware and open-source.
What's new in this version:
- full OS X 10.8 support
- interface with bigger fonts
- improved network interfaces list
- fixed logs statistics for OS X 10.8
More Products to Consider
- Antivirus app powered by the open-source ClamAV engine.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Get Wi-Fi privacy and security, protect yourself from malware t...
- Maintain your anonymity online and secure your web session.
- Protects privacy online and secures your computer.
- Protect your anonymity and others' as you browse the web.
- Detect apps that establish outgoing Internet connections.
- Easy-to-use protection from viruses, Trojans and worms. Quarant...
- Scan the page behind any link you click on or any web address y...
- Record keystrokes, log visited websites, take screenshots and s...
- Detect spyware, clean up Internet privacy clutter and protects ...
- Find out what your kids are doing online.
- Network protocol analysis app: deep inspection, live capture & ...
- Lock and unlock your Mac account by using your face and track y...
- MacKeeper is like 911 for your Mac.
- Advanced configuration for OS X's built-in firewall.
- Prevent apps on your Mac from opening connections to the networ...
- Monitors status of Apple File Sharing AFP and Remote Login SSH.
- View, analyze, react to firewall data.
- Peer to peer file sharing.
- Secure your privacy and maintain your anonymity while surfing t...
- Firewall configuration & management system.
- BitTorrent client.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purpose
- Basic firewall configuration tool.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Easy way to get access to firewall configuration."
Version: WaterRoof 3.8
Easy to use (after learning what it's doing and what YOU are doing); it can do a really great work. I've no server, so nothing tested about these.
Hard learning curve, it's dangerous to perform experiments without a real knowledge of what's will happen. But it MUST be so, power requires responsibility.
The right way to set things in deep without Terminal. Powerful, obviously requires learning and understanding. Very good