WaterRoof is a firewall management frontend with bandwidth tuning, NAT setup, port redirection, dynamic rules tracking, predefined rule sets, wizard, logs, statistics and other features. With WaterRoof you can set up the IPFW built-in firewall easily and quickly. With the NAT Setup feature you can fine-tune your internet sharing for the home LAN, or you can also set up a full-featured dual-homed firewall for your network. Rules and network option can be stored and loaded at boot time. WaterRoof is only a frontend so it makes use of system tools: this means that when you have finished configuring/testing your firewall, you can safely delete WaterRoof from your system, without loosing your rules. Bandwidth settings, firewall rules, NAT rules, forwarding, logging and other options will be preserved and activated at boot using launchd, following Apple guidelines. This means that WaterRoof is quite safe because it does not install any strange kernel extension or background daemon. You can also download and check WaterRoof source code, it's open. WaterRoof can be used to learn how ipfw works: you can use predefined rule sets to test firewall behaviour, or you can use the wizard to start from scratch with a step-by-step configuration. But WaterRoof can also be used to deeply configure a ipfw firewall/router, using every ipfw option including qos (dummynet queues). English documentation included. Source code available at my web site. WaterRoof is freeware and open-source.
What's new in this version:
- full OS X 10.8 support
- interface with bigger fonts
- improved network interfaces list
- fixed logs statistics for OS X 10.8
More Products to Consider
- Get Wi-Fi privacy and security, protect yourself from malware t...
- Our free Antivirus for Mac keeps you safe from all the latest M...
- Basic firewall configuration tool.
- Antivirus app powered by the open-source ClamAV engine.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your anonymity and others' as you browse the web.
- Maintain your anonymity online and secure your web session.
- Protect your privacy by blocking online tracking.
- Protects privacy online and secures your computer.
- Scan the page behind any link you click on or any web address y...
- Detect apps that establish outgoing Internet connections.
- Recover your stolen Mac.
- Network protocol analysis app: deep inspection, live capture & ...
- Detect spyware, clean up Internet privacy clutter and protects ...
- Strongly encrypt important data and personal info.
- File system change observer that monitors installers & app pref...
- Find out what your kids are doing online.
- Fight malware that threaten your security on your Mac and iPhon...
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Record keystrokes, IM chats, track visited websites, take scree...
- The power of command line without getting near it.
- View, analyze, react to firewall data.
- Network diagnostic tool: traceroute, ping, DNS lookup and whois...
- Firewall configuration & management system.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Easy way to get access to firewall configuration."
Version: WaterRoof 3.8
Easy to use (after learning what it's doing and what YOU are doing); it can do a really great work. I've no server, so nothing tested about these.
Hard learning curve, it's dangerous to perform experiments without a real knowledge of what's will happen. But it MUST be so, power requires responsibility.
The right way to set things in deep without Terminal. Powerful, obviously requires learning and understanding. Very good