Volume Mounter is especially useful in a classroom or corporate environment with many different file servers. Once the mounting information is entered into Volume Mounter it is stored in the Preferences file. This Preference file can then be copied to all lab computers immediately giving all users access to server shares. This greatly reduces user training and administrative workload.
Brief feature list:
- Advanced Preferences with password protection
- Supports AFP and SMB file servers over TCP/IP
- Database holds up to 128 volumes
- Volumes may be entered multiple times with different passwords and/or different networking protocols
- 30-day full functioning demo
- Tested with 10.4.7.
What's new in this version:
- Now a Universal Binary!!!
- Bug fix: Fixed a crashing bug when editing the list of volume names
- Preferences now stored in standard plist file
- Adopted new API for mounting volumes
- New, more colorful icons