VisualRoute combines the tools traceroute, ping, reverse DNS, and Whois into a single graphical interface that analyzes Internet connections to quickly locate where outages or slowdowns occur. An IP location database identifies the geographical location of IP addresses and Web servers, showing the path of an Internet connection on a global map. Domain registration and network provider contact information are reported for each network hop. The ping capabilities provide a good idea of whether or not the site is live, while traceroute will help determine where along the route the problem lies. VisualRoute's traceroute reports include an overall analysis, a data table, and a geographical view of the routing. The analysis is a brief description of the number of hops, where problems occurred, and the type of Web server software running at the site you are trying to reach. The data table lists information for each hop, including the IP address, node name, geographical location and the major Internet backbone where each server resides. The World map gives a graphical representation of the actual path of an Internet connection. A mouse click on a server or network name opens a pop-up Whois window, providing instant contact information for problem reporting. Specialized editions include added tools for pinpointing connectivity problems, including continuous trace and ping testing, trace report history, multiple path discovery and port probing.
What's new in this version: Version 14.0L fixed minor stability issue and minor Whois issue.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Run Traceroute queries and get graphical results.
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Get a collection of portable applications for use with a USB pe...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Convert PDF to DOC, DOCX, XML, RTF, and TXT formats.
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Download YouTube Videos and automatically convert them to popul...
- Record, manage, and monitor your wedding guest list, progress, ...
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Create submission forms easily.
- Set up a coin operated internet cafe kiosk PC-game timer.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 21 votes
Current version:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Messed up browsers, kept me from accessing the internet"
Version: VisualRoute 2010 14.0L
It malfunctioned and kept me from accessing the Intenet at all.
After a day, I could not acccess the Internet through either Internet Explorer or Chrome. I tried to change IP's, but the changes didn't register. Then, the uninstall option didn't let me remove it comepleteley, and I had to manually remove it after running Task manager t0 end the process. That didn't fix the problem, however. Evidently it changed the proxy server settings but never changed them back. It took me awhile to diagnose teh problem. In short, there appear to be bugs in this software that affect basic operation of your browsers.
Wrong product -- this review is for Quick Hide IP. I did not use this program. I will add a five star review to counterbalance this wrong review. I wish I could remove it altogether.
Updated on Mar 9, 2012
"easy install, worked fine"
Version: VisualRoute 2010 14.0L
love the graghical interface
this is not a free program
2 bad it's only a 2 week review