CNET Editors' review
In the crowded DJ app world, VirtualDJ Home sets itself apart for the casual user. VirtualDJ Home is probably the widest-used home DJ app for the Mac, based on downloads, and there's a good reason for its popularity.
The VirtualDJ Home interface is like many others: two controllers at the top for two audio tracks, and a set of buttons, knobs, and sliders to control the mixing between the two. The bottom of the interface shows a track list and can display album art. There are some really attractive features to VirtualDJ Home, including beat matching, looping, and a beatlock feature to ensure you are always on beat. It will take a little practice to get proficient with the software, but once you do, VirtualDJ Home offers what a lot of professional hardware mixing consoles offer in terms of abilities.
We used VirtualDJ Home extensively with a variety of external controllers as well as the software-only version and had zero issues with it in that time. Considering that VirtualDJ Home is totally free (no paid upgrade available) we don't see any reason why everyone who is a closet DJ doesn't have this app already installed. A very impressive package.VirtualDJ Home - Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live - Download Video Previews:
From Atomix Productions:
With more than a million new downloads every months, VirtualDJ is the most widely used DJ software, and the uncontested leader of non-timecode digital DJing. It has been used around the world for the past 10 years by bedroom DJs and professional superstars alike to rock millions of parties, and has been chosen by leading DJ brands such as Pioneer, Numark, Hercules, Denon, Gemini, or Vestax, to be included with most of their digital DJ controllers. With its cutting-edge beatlock engine, your songs will always stay on the beat, and you can work your mixes incredibly faster than any other DJ. The automatic seamless loop engine and synchronized sampler will let you perform astounding remixes on the fly. The video engine lets you mix and scratch music videos or karaoke as easily as audio. With NetSearch and MusicGroups, you will stay on the edge of the musical trends. And with the versatile VDJScript language and hundreds of downloadable skins, you can tailor your software to your exact needs. Whether you are a professional experienced DJ, or a music enthusiast, VirtualDJ is all you need to get the party started.
What's new in this version: fix some potential bug with Mavericks, and add many new DJ controllers to the compatibility list.
More Products to Consider
- Explore the creative possibilities of mixing with this full-fea...
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- A beautiful and easy application for mixing music then publishi...
- Music creation and audio production.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Mix the music.
- Digital video editing system.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Mix, add effects, and sort your music, video and karaoke files.
- Rock the party with iTunes.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Mix audio for live events or Internet radio broadcasts.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Edit music, voice, and other audio recordings.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Mix and control music with an MP3 and QuickTime DJ program.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Create multilayer audio loops with adjustments and effects.
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 33 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Pretty good software"
Version: VirtualDJ Home 7.4.1
Simple to use, easy set up, great for mixing acapellas and instrumentals
None I can figure out.
Theres an option to cut and scratch the record with your hand using a web cam.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content