CNET Editors' review
In the crowded DJ app world, VirtualDJ Home sets itself apart for the casual user. VirtualDJ Home is probably the widest-used home DJ app for the Mac, based on downloads, and there's a good reason for its popularity.
The VirtualDJ Home interface is like many others: two controllers at the top for two audio tracks, and a set of buttons, knobs, and sliders to control the mixing between the two. The bottom of the interface shows a track list and can display album art. There are some really attractive features to VirtualDJ Home, including beat matching, looping, and a beatlock feature to ensure you are always on beat. It will take a little practice to get proficient with the software, but once you do, VirtualDJ Home offers what a lot of professional hardware mixing consoles offer in terms of abilities.
We used VirtualDJ Home extensively with a variety of external controllers as well as the software-only version and had zero issues with it in that time. Considering that VirtualDJ Home is totally free (no paid upgrade available) we don't see any reason why everyone who is a closet DJ doesn't have this app already installed. A very impressive package.VirtualDJ Home - Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live - Download Video Previews:
From Atomix Productions:
With more than a million new downloads every months, VirtualDJ is the most widely used DJ software, and the uncontested leader of non-timecode digital DJing. It has been used around the world for the past 10 years by bedroom DJs and professional superstars alike to rock millions of parties, and has been chosen by leading DJ brands such as Pioneer, Numark, Hercules, Denon, Gemini, or Vestax, to be included with most of their digital DJ controllers. With its cutting-edge beatlock engine, your songs will always stay on the beat, and you can work your mixes incredibly faster than any other DJ. The automatic seamless loop engine and synchronized sampler will let you perform astounding remixes on the fly. The video engine lets you mix and scratch music videos or karaoke as easily as audio. With NetSearch and MusicGroups, you will stay on the edge of the musical trends. And with the versatile VDJScript language and hundreds of downloadable skins, you can tailor your software to your exact needs. Whether you are a professional experienced DJ, or a music enthusiast, VirtualDJ is all you need to get the party started.
What's new in this version: Add our new ContentUnlimited subscription plans, dozen of new controllers, and fixes many small bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Make beat-matched mixes from your music, then publish them back...
- Explore the creative possibilities of mixing with this full-fea...
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Digital video editing system.
- Mix audio for live events or Internet radio broadcasts.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Mix, add effects, and sort your music, video and karaoke files.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Mix and control music with an MP3 and QuickTime DJ program.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Rock the party with iTunes.
- Mix audio, video, and karaoke.
- Convert your music to WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, OGG or Apple Lossles...
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Save YouTube videos in MP3 format.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Mix and analyze your digital music.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Virtual audio patchbay.
- Record old albums and sounds from various devices.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- DJ software that works with iTunes.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 30 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"This Software is beyond Amazing...."
Version: VirtualDJ Home 7.4
Easy to use, able to load you own voice samples to mix in, great interface.
none at the moment
As soon as it was installed, I was able to figure everything out within 10 mins and I was off and running with it - have made like 20 mixes with it and everyone of my friends and family love what I have made with it - Thanks for making this available as Freeware. :)
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content