VirtualBox is a family of x86 virtualization products for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
VirtualBox runs on Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows, DOS or Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), and OpenBSD.
What's new in this version:
- VMM: refined measurement of TSC frequency on the host, improves timekeeping for guests
- VMM: decreased CPU load resulting from guest MMIO writes to the virtual APIC
- VMM: fixed interception of debug exceptions, observed while using the dbx debugger on Solaris guests (VT-x only)
- GUI: 3D overlay window positioning code improved, fixed potential misplacement of 3D accelerated guest graphics content
- GUI: fixed accident SSL authentication failures ... See all new features »