CNET Editors' review
Virtual Families provides an impressive game for users who want to manage a simulated family's life. This program gives the popular game Sims a run for its money.
The simulation's interface was impressively professional with graphics and strategy that reminded us of the aforementioned Sims. The Help file's excellent onscreen tutorials kept us informed while we played and also improved our gaming skills. To adopt a player, you choose from a variety of interesting character designs and jobs. Most of these were funny, such as ketchup bottler, barbecue sauce maker, or food photographer. After adopting a player, you can begin managing your household. You develop your players' personality by rewarding and scolding them like a pet when they perform daily activities like working, reading the newspaper, playing games, and cleaning. The game conveys a great sense of humor, which was our favorite feature. For example, our character received and accepted a marriage proposal via e-mail. As spouses and children were added to the mix, our responsibilities piled up and kept us busy managing the entire family. We were skeptical that living a virtual life would be so interesting but discovered how fun these little lives were.
Virtual Families comes with a one-hour trial period. It installs desktop icons without permission. It's a great Sims-like program that kept us highly entertained, and we recommend it.
From Last Day of Work:
From the developer of the smash-hit Virtual Villagers series comes the new casual game that captures the drama of life - Virtual Families. Virtual Families is a casual family sim that runs in true-real time. Adopt and nurture a needy person in the computer. Help them meet a mate, and start a family. Pass on the house to the next generations.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Discover secrets of mysterious tribe in this real-time sim adve...
- Continue the story of the mysterious island of Isola and the tr...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Guide your villagers as they attempt to convert a group of mask...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Explore the western shore of Isola.
- Finish jigsaw puzzle and enjoy New Zealand views.
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Search a star-studded set for cleverly hidden objects, and keep...
- Play a game based on a TV game show and answer survey questions...
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1