CNET Editors' review
Vextractor converts raster images to vector files by drawing center lines and outlines that can be manipulated in AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, and other popular graphics, engineering, and design programs. You can scan images or diagrams into Vextractor and it will covert them into vector files that you can use with other design and graphics tools. It has several options for converting images, including Line Art and Map. You can also fully manipulate the vector drawings that Vextractor creates.
Vextractor's interface is attractive and easy to navigate. The program's built-in Wizard guides you through the various functions; for instance, it lets you convert files from your hard drive or a scanner. If you're not using the Wizard, you can access files from the scanner option under the File menu. Engineers and AutoCAD users will find this feature to be a particular benefit. The Batch Processing feature will save you time if you have multiple images to convert. You can save your files in most graphics formats: AutoCAD, EPS, SVG, Adobe Illustrator, and more.
This is a program designed for engineers and graphics professionals. There is a good Help file and tutorials, and the Wizard options helped us navigate the program, but the learning curve for users who aren't familiar with CAD and design software could be a bit too steep. Users well versed in this type of software shouldn't have any problems using Vextractor. This is an unlimited free trial of the software. Some features are disabled in the trial version.
Vextractor is a vectorizer software for transforming raster images into vector formats by building centerlines and outlines. This tool could be used for vectorizing of charts, drawings, maps, and schemes for input to CAD or GIS systems.It features create centerlines and outlines, recognize arcs and circles, recognize ortholines, built-in vector editor, polylines smoothing, smart trace method for passing polylines crossings, image noise filtration, TWAIN32-compatible scanner support, output format for vector information such as DXF, DXB, WMF, EMF, EPS, AI, SVG, ArcView Shapefiles, and MapInfo MID/MIF, ASCII XYZ.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Transform your raster images and True Type fonts into vectors.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Transform raster images to DXF, WMF, EMF, AI, and ASCII XY vect...
- Convert drawings, maps and other images from raster to vector f...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create vector images on the basis of initial raster image.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Convert batch images.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Convert raster images to Scalable Vector Graphics format.
- Convert video between the most popular file formats such as AVI...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Convert CAD drawing files to a raster image.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Convert video formats and extract media from video files.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Transform batches of your images into different formats.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Good conceptual design, but is buggy."
Version: Vextractor 4.70
Has some very nice features on the raster cleanup portion. Many tools to get the job done!
It constantly runs out of memory, even on a WorkHorse PC, Dual core Pentium with 4 gb ram. Frustrating to say the least. Their Website or Help doesn't get you anywhere.
"Good raster to vector conversion software"
Version: Vextractor 4.1
Good quality for map and drawing conversion.
Some problem with tuning because of many options...
Version: Vextractor 3.5
Lots of great options, it would be great if it worked.
When I tried to vectorize an image it would work correctly.