Editors' Note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the iTunes App Store, where you must continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed in order to open the link, and you must have an active iTunes account to download the application. This download may not be available in some countries.
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework. It reads almost every video file, yet it is very powerful and simple to use. VLC has all codecs built in multimedia player for various audio and video formats, including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, MP3, and OGGit. It plays all the video and audio information that is still intact. It is based on libVLC, libVLCcore, and all libVLC plugins.
What's new in this version:
This version adds:
- Folders for media
- Support for password protected HTTP streams
- An option to disable playback control gestures
- An option to use bold subtitles
- Better UPnP detection
- Support for m4b, caf, oma, w64 audio and mxg video files
- New translations to Latvian, Romanian and British English
- Serial ftp downloads
- Twonky UPnP servers downloads
- Playback control in l... See all new features »