VCDGear is a tool written to effortlessly extract MPEG streams from CD images, convert VideoCD files to MPEG, correct MPEG errors, create (Super)VideoCDs and more!. The first public release was back in late 1997 and ever since then, VCDGear has continued to grow in complexity, offering a multitude of features to make this a very powerful tool for VideoCD enthusiasts. VCDGear is the result of over 6 years of work.
Some of the features you will find in VCDGear are:
- MPEG stream extractions from popular CD images
- On the fly MPEG correction to fix certain types of MPEG errors
- Super VideoCD and VideoCD image creation
- Sample generation
- Multilanguage support
- Graphical interface and command-line versions available
- Cross platform
- Free! (donations are accepted!)
Anyone requiring the need to transport their video materials will find VCDGear as a useful tool to assist them in getting the video to play on their computer or VideoCD player.