CNET Editors' review
We love a good racing game, and Ultra Nitro Racers certainly qualifies as one. This well-done program lets players challenge their driving skills in three different game modes. It's not easy, but it's a lot of fun.
The program's graphics and sounds effects are both professionally done; we had no complaints about either. To get started, select your desired game mode and car. At first there's only one car to choose from, but earning points as you advance through the game unlocks other options. Ultra Nitro Races offers three games modes: Competition, Quick Race, and Time Attack. Competition mode is the typical race against other cars, with the opportunity to earn points and time limits that will keep slow drivers out of contention. Quick Race is a practice mode, letting you learn the courses without the pressure of scoring or time limits. Time Attacks pits players against a ghost car representing their own best time. Controlling the car definitely takes some practice; keyboard arrows are used for left, right, forward, and backward, and the Control and Alt keys are used as the brake and the "nitro" button, which gives players extra speed. Our first attempts at playing Ultra Nitro Racers looked like a drunk-driving PSA, but it didn't take us long to start to get the hang of it. The game doesn't have much in the way of a Help file, just a screen defining the keys for each function, but that was plenty. Overall, we found Ultra Nitro Racers to be an enjoyable and high-quality game, and we recommend it.
Ultra Nitro Racers installs a desktop icon without asking and leaves a Start menu item, desktop icon, and folder behind upon removal.
3D racing game. You need to use nitro to win this crazy racing. Turn it on and your car will gain incredible speed. Win competitions and get points to gain access to more powered cars. Ultra version features: new car physics; new game mode - Time Attack (you compete with your best result ('ghost car')); options menu to meet your PC power; fullscreen and windowed mode.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2 is a bug fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Be as fast as you can in the high-speed drag racing game.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Race tiny cars in this game that gives users a top-down view of...
- Take part in a big moto-racing competition.
- Play an exciting 3D racing game.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Become a member of an exciting racing show.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Make unbelievable stunts to get the finish first.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Play a 3D racing game.
- Take part in the star event of the meeting for touring cars and...
- Play 3D monster truck game and try to get the best out of those...
- Race to the victory in the world of street racing.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content