CNET Editors' review
Typing Assistant provides the ability to autocomplete words and save time. With a minimum of frills and an impressively large dictionary, this program will shave minutes off writing.
This program's interface reminded us of the word-completing software present in text messaging, but still required a visit to the Help file's simple instructions for the basics. While its functionality proved to be initially distracting, we quickly grew to anticipate it. Once we wrote a few letters (for example, "Arr") a small screen popped up, providing a list of possible solutions (this example ranged from Arrack, Arrange, Array, and more). We either kept typing our word or scrolled through the choices and chose the correct one. Happily, the word we needed was usually toward the top and required less than a second to pick. The time saved using this program depended heavily on its best feature, an adjustable delay. When we wanted instant help we set no delay, but when we only wanted help if we were stuck on a spelling, we set the program to a longer delay before the screen appeared. No matter how we set it, this was a fantastic option for avoiding the word processor's spelling helper and has the ability to shave minutes from projects.
Typing Assistant comes with a 21-day trial. This program installs desktop icons without asking permission and leaves Start menu items and folders behind after uninstall.
From Sumit Software:
Typing Assistant auto-completes your frequently used words and phrases anywhere. It makes typing faster, more intelligent and lowers effort. When typing, a smart Typing Assistant suggestion window opens to show you possible words you are typing. Then with one key stroke it automatically completes the word for you. Typing Assistant automatically learns the words you type, automatically expands user-defined shorthand to full text, automatically accesses clipboard history contents, and automatically launches user-defined application. So that the more you use the program, the smarter it becomes and the more you find it useful. Typing Assistant is the ideal utility for authors, secretaries, journalists, translators, document creators and programmers, in fact anyone who frequently uses a word processor.
What's new in this version: Version 6.0 includes better support for Windows7/8; User can collect the selected word/phrase quickly to Auto-Learn dictionary by press hotkey Ctrl+Win; Enlarge the capacities of Auto-Learn and Auto-Clipboard dictionary; Other optimizations and improvements.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Increase your typing speed by making your computer automaticall...
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert typed text to speech.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Receive assistance in online poker tournament while playing cer...
- Improve spelling and keyboard skills.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Check your spelling while you are typing.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Create e-mail auto response systems for an unlimited number of ...
- Enable your applications to find text information tolerant towa...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Polish your spelling, speaking, and typing skills in USA or UK ...
- Automate some of your daily routine tasks.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Close application windows fast and easy.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 14 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Typing Assistant increases productivity"
Version: Typing Assistant (English) 6.0
The functions Auto-Learn, Auto-Correct, and Auto-clipboard are extremely useful. It allows me to avoid some embarrassed errors that I have made from time to time before. On the top of all that, Using the hotkey Ctl+Win remembers what I said in the previous text. Like a CAT, it allows for inconsisteny of wording.
More operating instructions will get better.
Strongly recommended for freelance translators!