CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
As a whole, Twitter's official mobile app is solid. The interface is sleek, and it brings with it most of the features you'd expect from a Twitter client produced in-house.
All of Twitter's features are housed in four different navigation tabs. Home is your primary Twitter feed, just as you would expect. Each time you boot up the app, it opens to your Home screen and lands on the last tweet that you read. You can tap the Home tab to quickly jump to the top. The Connect tab charts your interactions with your Twitter friends, showing your mentions and letting you know when others retweet or begin following you. Discover houses several items including relevant stories, activity stream (what you're connections are doing on Twitter), trending hashtags, suggestions for who to follow, categories, and a find-friends function. And of course, the Me tab lets you view your profile.
Sending tweets from the mobile app is even easier than doing so on the Web. Autocomplete makes mentioning friends a snap, and you can easily attach photos and location stamps in a few taps.
In addition to Twitter basics, the mobile app offers quite a few nifty features to make it easy for you to check your stream and fire tweets off while on the go. One of the newest features is Expanded Tweets. Now, tweets that contain links to Twitter's partner sites display rich content inline, right on your stream. Also, the Twitter app offers push notifications, so you can be notified right as someone you're following tweets or retweets. And with other nice touches like multiple account support, list management, and saved searches, the app gives you pretty much everything you need.
Overall, Twitter for Android does everything you need it to. If you're a power user and are looking for features like scheduled tweets, then you might want to look into a third-party client. Otherwise, I highly recommend this download.
With Twitter for Android (Official) allow you can follow your interests like instant updates from your friends, industry experts, favorite celebrities, and what's happening around the world. Get short bursts of timely information on the official Twitter app. Real-time search reveals breaking news, while trending topics show what's happening now around the world. View trends, browse your interests and see suggested users in several categories, including fashion, entertainment and travel, or search to find out what people are saying about topics you care about, such as politics or big sporting events.
What's new in this version: Version 3.7.1 has added search feature shows a relevant mix of people, Tweets, and photos.
More Products to Consider
- Use Twitter from your Android phone.
- Discover perfect applications to build your mobile life via And...
- Chat in GTalk, Yahoo, MSN, AIM, ICQ, Vkontakte, Jabber, Faceboo...
- Manage and share files wirelessly between WiFi enabled devices.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Meet new people, chat, play games, and have fun.
- Unite Skype, MSN, Facebook Chat, AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, GTalk, VKonta...
- Browse Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, and Buzz all in one place...
- Meet MILLIONS of single girls and guys at Skout for flirting, d...
- Manage Twitter, Facebook, and Foursquare from one place.
- Capture and share the world's moments on your Android, customiz...
- Get daily recommendations for apps and games and download recom...
- Free Voice and Video Calls!.
- Path is the Smart Journal that helps you share life with the on...
- Unblock sites and surf anonymously with your Android device.
- Push emails, sync conversations, integrate contacts, search, an...
- Your robust and comprehensive voice chatting app.
- Make your angry birds move forward to the higher level in 3D ad...
- Watch your birds in the two slides and spot the difference betw...
- Recast is the best way to customize weather and widgets on your...
- FREE unlimited text and picture messaging. Chat with your Faceb...
- Search for people and places you like nearby via Android device...
- TweetCaster is the #1 Android Twitter app with the most innovat...
- You have slow internet and want to use Facebook? this is the pe...
- Chat over VoIP or via instant messaging, share images and video...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Waste of precious screen real estate"
Version: Twitter for Android (Official) 3.0
The previous version was great - lightweight, fast, clean uncluttered interface.
The current version takes most of that away (see Cons)
- The large blue bar on top, and the four huge icons, are a waste of precious screen real estate, especially if you are using the app on phones and not a tablet.
- Please remove unnecessary border around the content to allow more tweets to show on screen
Please allow users the option to go back to previous versions, or come up with a lightweight version.
"This is not an App."
Version: Twitter for Android (Official) 1.0
I can't think of one.
Every time I attempted to use it, it loaded my browser. Every other time I tried to use it [within minutes of download] it required an update. But always the same update.
I was looking to find the actual App. to make my Twitter use more streamlined. Certainly not yet another reason to open my browser. I don't think this is worth the time at all.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content