TwistedWave is a very easy to use and powerful audio editor. It supports Audio Unit plug-ins and many file formats, including wav, aiff, caf, mp3, mp4, FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis and ambisonic sound files. Good multichannel support. TwistedWave lets you easily add, remove or reorder channels. You can also apply Audio Units to multichannel files, or to a selection of channels. Unlimited undo and redo which works instantly. Zooming in and out of the waveform is very fast. Option-click and drag the mouse to zoom very accurately, while the waveform is being refreshed more than 100 times per second, even when the files are several hours long, or when the file has not finished loading, or when an effect is being applied. When TwistedWave is busy loading a large file, or applying a complex effect, all the work happens in the background, and you can continue working with your document, applying new effects. With TwistedWave, you never have to wait for the end of a long computation. Working at a resolution up to 24-bit and 192 kHz sampling rate, TwistedWave enables you to work at a professional quality.
What's new in this version:
- The sample rate conversions are done with SoX one of the best available implementations available.
- Normalizing to a target RMS, LUFS or true peak value, in addition to the peak value.
- Support for the retina display.
- Support for the 32-bit floating point codec in the WAV and AIFC files.
- Support for the "AAC High Efficiency" compression.
More Products to Consider
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Protect Your Privacy and Identity - Encrypt Text and Files. Win...
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Create professional printed type specimen books and font catalo...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Create multilayer audio loops with adjustments and effects.
- Personal video diary software.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Mix the music.
- Organize your files into one or more eye-catching 3D multi-shel...
- Hassle-free, drag-and-drop way to encrypt and share files with ...
- Record any sound playing through sound card, microphone, or bot...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Burn CD and DVD discs; create disc images.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Twisted Wave has features beyond its competitors."
Version: TwistedWave 1.9
Besides using all of my plugins, it's fast redraw means more productivity for me. I started audio editing with digidesigns audiomedia II and have missed using playlists. TW has included that feature and I use it to edit interviews.
No complaints though I would like a TW app for my iphone.
I have been an early adopter and fan of Twisted Wave. I regularly export audio from FCP into TW and like its simplicity and interface. The metering is large and useful and the waveform display is also nice. Regular upgrades are always enhancing the product and as a multimedia producer it is my first choice for an audio editor.
Version: TwistedWave 1
Twisted Wave can layer effects and helped me clean up some problematic sound I had in a video project. Other programs provide similar functions but none have ever worked so well as this one for me... impressive.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: