CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
The slick, satisfying TweetCaster Pro offers nearly everything you'd expect from Twitter in a user-friendly design, including support for multiple accounts, Twitter trends, retweets, searches, and posts from people nearby, and Twitter lists. You can block and report spam, and quick-follow, add a photo, shrink a URL, geotag a status update, and, once you get the navigation worked out, follow and unfollow.
We like the visual interface with its five tabs for your full tweet list, tweets that just mention you, direct messages, your favorites, and any lists that you follow. Switching among Twitter accounts took a little navigation; we'd prefer to jump between accounts with a horizontal finger swipe. Small yellow dots on the first two tabs let you know you have new tweets or mentions. That's helpful, but we'd prefer seeing the number of new tweets as well. Fortunately, Handmark promises that a release scheduled for the next few weeks will correct that problem.
Handmark could also work on speedier loading. The app can take almost 10 seconds to load when you activate it after powering the phone on. Fortunately, the process was quicker on subsequent launches, but you'll be forced back to the longer start screen the next time you turn off your handset.
Even with our interface gripes, we think TweetCaster is at the top of the Android pile of Twitter apps. Its intuitive interface design, loaded feature set, and quick performance make it a must for any Tweet-happy Android user. Those on a budget can also get the free, ad-supported version from the Android Market.
TweetCaster Pro for Android features multiple Twitter account support, integrated retweets, integrated Twitter lists, notifications, offline tweet caching, URL shortening (and previews), photo attachment, threaded direct messages, font or theme customization, landscape support, profile editing, and tweet filtering.
What's new in this version: Version 5.2 allows you to dig deep for past tweets.
More Products to Consider
- Discover perfect applications to build your mobile life via And...
- Manage and share files wirelessly between WiFi enabled devices.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Meet new people, chat, play games, and have fun.
- Post Twitter tweets from your Android smartphone.
- Meet MILLIONS of single girls and guys at Skout for flirting, d...
- Get daily recommendations for apps and games and download recom...
- Free Voice and Video Calls!.
- Manage Twitter, Facebook, and Foursquare from one place.
- Unblock sites and surf anonymously with your Android device.
- Your robust and comprehensive voice chatting app.
- FREE unlimited text and picture messaging. Chat with your Faceb...
- Chat over VoIP or via instant messaging, share images and video...
- Customize your client and change the way you feel about twitter...
- Make new friends, send free voice, video and photo messages.
- Handle all your different Twitter accounts on your Android devi...
- Socialcam is the easiest way to share videos with friends.
- Send free messages and make calls whenever and wherever you are...
- Get the twitter client for your Android device.
- Post Twitter tweets from your Android Smartphone.
- Chat with your Yahoo friends from your Android device.
- Improve your Facebook experience on your Android device.
- Enables WiFi Hotspot on your Android phone without a Hotspot pl...
- Send a new tweet and view incoming tweets from friends on your ...
- Get on-the-go access to your professional network with LinkedIn...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content