CNET Editors' review
Word completion features predict the word you're typing based on your keystrokes and the syntax of the sentence and fill in the rest of the word for you. Turbo Type adds word completion to all text editors. You can customize it by adding specific words or setting short key combinations to expand long words and text strings.
We installed the free version of Turbo Type, but a pop-up advised us that it would stop working after two hours, after which we'd have to restart it or buy the full version. Some of the program's features are disabled in the free version, too, such as the learning mode. We opened a new text document and began to type. Whenever we'd pause in the typing, Turbo Type would pop up with a semitransparent box containing one, two, or three suggested words, numbered accordingly; all we had to do was click on the highlighted selection or enter its number to complete the word. Most of Turbo Type's suggestions were sensible and accurate, and the program modifies them as you type. Turbo Type is highly customizable: In addition to adding words and phrases, you can select how long the program waits before making suggestions, how many keystrokes before triggering suggestions, and the size, color, and transparency of the pop-ups. We also tested Turbo Type's functionality in other programs, including Word; it even worked with the Text tool in Photoshop. The endless pop-ups can be distracting and even a little annoying, though we found that they tend to be easier to take after using them a while. Once or twice the program got ahead of itself, entering a word we didn't mean to select simply because it was highlighted. We can see how some typists would welcome its help, though, and its ability to enter custom strings adds a useful macrolike capability.
Turbo Type's settings seem capable of keeping up with the fastest typists, though whether skilled typists would need or want its help is uncertain. But if you like the free version, the full edition is inexpensive and adds what seem like useful functions not included in the time-limited free download.
From SC. SoftGrupConstruct:
Turbo Type is a word prediction software that integrates seamlessly with virtually any applications that allows for text input. It is highly customizable, can predict words from English and French language. Words are predicted based of their usage frequency so the word you are most likely to type is at the top of the list already selected for you. You may also add your own words to the dictionary. Turbo Type can also expand short abbreviations into a more detailed (useful for email signatures or commonly used phrases or salutations) . This software may also by helpful for mobility impaired people that find it hard to use a keyboard.
What's new in this version: Turbo Type can now predict words from French Language.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Delete all the traces of your computer activity.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Clean file history, URL history, and recent media and temporary...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Add auto complete function to any text writing on your PC.
- Type faster, using predictive-word inputting.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Perform forecasting and classification tasks using neural netwo...
- Define string pairs and quickly search for one to copy/run, or ...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Send multiple Yahoo e-mails automatically.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Insert repetitive phrases into whatever you're working on.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Add AutoComplete capabilities to your Visual Basic and VBA prod...
- Improve efficiency, quality, and accuracy of text input.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1